30- The Secret Behind The Sects

The most interesting part is that Huang Ma Clan teaches the principles as their foundation whereas Tu Gu Sect reserves it only for the fighter of the century.

The way of protecting their most important kungfu is so different, their own logic and reasoning is like the sky and the ground.

The idea is that in Huang Ma Clan, only the strongest can master the principles prefectly even though everyone in the clan knows about it. It is used to make it seems unimportant yet it is the most powerful kungfu in the clan. It's like hiding something in the most obvious place so nobody suspect it and they will ignore it.

On the other hand, in Tu Gu Sect, only the strongest fighter even knows about the existence of the manual, ensuring the high secrecy of its strongest kungfu.

But it's funny that now both of them has come to this place together, finding out the secret that the founder of both clan desperately wants to hide.

"I don't understand how our kungfu matched so perfectly.." they are still in the bamboo forest turning their minds trying to find a reason.

"It's like.. both of them are meant to be used together."

His eyes lits up, "maybe it is a single kungfu that got separated."

Tao Ru is thinking hard, the lines on her forehead appear deep.

"Aren't the founder our Tu Gu Sect and Huang Ma Clan hates each other? How can it be a single kungfu?"

"Maybe not."

"Hate is love, love is hate. Hate because of love could break the whole martial arts realm." Jing recites the poem in the first page of HuoTu principles trying to find a clue.

Tao Ru stops, she gets chills all over her body. She looks at Jing is disbelief. "W-what is that?"

"A poem from HuoTu Principles' preamble."

"Jing, that poem is also written in FengShui Manual." Tao Ru is beyond shocked. She aggressively turns the pages of her manual and shows it to Jing to prove her point.

Jing is just as confused and shocked as Tao Ru, he sits back, leaning his head on the bamboo tree. "This.."

"The founders of our sects must be connected somehow."

"Like.. a lover?"

"A lover." He frowns. "From the dictions used here, that might be the case."

"But Tu Gu Sect really emphasizes on celibate life." Tao Ru disagree, there is no way the founder of her sect be in love with someone that deeply until she makes it into the manual.

"Or maybe, the main principle of Tu Gu Sect is made because of the separation of the two."

"An act of loyalty." Their eyes met when she says that. "A woman will remain pure only for her lover."

"Turns out they really were lovers."

"But why can't they be together?"

"I think.. I might have an idea. A person with Huang Ma family name is considered a nobleman so he must marry a noblewoman."

"Didn't he has a soulmate?"

"Yes he did, but hundred years ago, the ties between soulmates are not as strong as now." Jing explains.

Both of them are trying to let the new found information sinks in. This secret had been buried along into the founders grave, letting the next generations believed that they were eternal foe. 

_

The smell of spring changes to the heat of summer, both of them has been practicing the secret kungfu day and night, mastering every single part of it.

"This is very complicated, I have never practice anything like it."

"That's why it is so strong."

"Tao Ru, I think they must have been a lover. A kungfu like this can only be practiced when you have a whole trust to your partner."

"I agree."

They will practice on the bamboo forest whenever they have time, but if not, they usually just practice on Jing's backyard. The place is spacious and secluded enough for them to do so.

"I can't believe that a single room in Huang Ma Clan is this big." Tao tau comments as she rests under a tree. "It's almost as big as a whole full-sized hall."

"No, it's just this one."

"Huft, I don't know why am I so tired today, we don't even practice that much." She wipes the seats off of her forehead.

"Don't push yourself, you are pregnant." He touches her tummy lovingly. It is already very big, maybe in a month or two she will borne the child.

"Oh right Jing, your mother had been sending me those bitter soup a lot lately.."

"Hahaha, you hated it don't you?"

"Yeah, but I feel bad so I have to eat it." She pouts.

"She just wants the best for you.." he explains, "this is her first grandchild after all." He pinches her cheeks. "But Tao Ru, if you don't want to eat it, you really don't have to. I will tell her to stop sending you that, hahaha."

"Jing, I want to eat ginseng soup.." she says, for few months she had been craving various different foods.

"Ginseng soup? But it's a winter food and it's summer now.." He pinches his eyes, thinking how can he get it.

"Hmm..."

"How about tomorrow? I will tell someone to buy the ingredients today."

"Okay great! Thank you!"

"Anything for you, my love." He pulls her into his embrace.

__

Dada is walking when he sees Wei is sitting alone in the common dining room. It is very unusual since she has her own dining room. He decided to walks up to her, and maybe has a chance to eat dinner with his crush.

"Lady Wei, what are you doing?" Dada sits next the woman without invitation.

"Why are you here?" She looks at him suspiciously.

"I-I saw that you are sitting here and I-"

"Ooh okay." She doesn't pay attention to his explanation at all.

"So.. are you busy right now?" He scratches his head, feeling nervous.

"Huang Da Da." She calls him by his full name.

"Y-yes." He frowns, he has bad feeling about this.

"If you are trying to get with me, please just forget it. I'm not interested." She says coldly and left.

Dada can only stare at her back as she walks away. He slams his head to the table. How come she can't see his love even after all these years?