14- Sleeping Together

Jing sees the color of her face almost gone. Her pulse is weak and slow. She is breathing harshly.

"No!" Jing knows what happens. Tao Ru gets her power from the moon God, who is a big believer of fate and Tao Ru just denied her fate.

He sits on the bed and gather his inner power, his hands moves fast and precise in front of his chest. Jing then transmit the energy to Tao Ru, her state is critical as there is almost no energy inside her. He starts sweating heavily, his body begs him to stop giving out his power. But he can't let her go.

Jing can taste the blood coming from his mouth, he is still hurting because of his wounds, after all. But he refuses to give up, his blue eyes shines brighter as he pushes himself to the limit. His body shakes heavily as he gives his last bits of energy to her.

"Jing!" Tao Ru is awake and she sees him losing power. He spits dark blood from his mouth.

"Are you okay?"

He just nods weakly. "Do you feel better yet?" He asks her back, that is the most important thing for him.

"Yeah, you.. shouldn't have done that.." Tao Ru feels sorry for him. She looks at his white face pouting.

"I'm okay."

"You should go rest now, I will take you something to eat."

_

Tao Ru feels better after Jing gives her his energy. No, not because of the energy. But because of his sacrifice. By sacrificing himself, the Moon God understands that her fate is to marry him, and doesn't take her life.

"Here." She walks in with a bowl of steamy soup.

"Thank you." He reaches for the bowl, but he is too weak to hold it. "Sorry I-"

"I'll help you." She sits on the bed and helps him to sit. Tao Ru spoon- feed him the soup.

She blows it gently so it's not too hot before feeding him.

"Hey, thank you for what you did." Tao Ru is embarrassed because of his kindness.

"Li Tao Ru."

She looks up at him.

"Your chest is bleeding!" She sees red coming out of his robe, it must be because of the wound that she caused. She quickly stands and try to find something that can help her to stop the bleeding.

Tao Ru is somehow very panicked even though she sees blood often.

"Hey calm down, it's just a wound."

"But it's-"

"Just use some cloth to block it, it's no big deal." As a martial artist, one is used to treating and dealing with blood. So Jing is confused why is Tao Ru so stressed.

She tries to calm herself, even Tao Ru herself doesn't know why she acts like that. She helps him to take off his robe and uses the cloth to prevent it to continue bleeding.

"Do you have any medicine?" She asks.

"Yeah, in the left cabinet, find the red bottle."

"This?" She shows a pear-shaped bottle."

He nods.

Tao Ru applies the powder-like medicine to his chest carefully. She is very concentrated, her eyes is focused and her mouth is pouting. She doesn't want to messed this up.

Jing smiles and shakes his head because of her cuteness.

" I'm sorry for this." Her word is sincere.

"I forgave you." He reply quickly, he never blamed her to begin with.

Jing lays down and takes a break. He just need rest after a long day.

After seeing Jing ready for bed, Tao Ru walks away to gives him privacy.

"Tao Ru, don't leave." He says, "stay here with me tonight."

_

Warm sunshine creeps shyly from the half open window. Tao Ru still feels sleepy and tired because of yesterday. She refuses to wake up and pull the blanket to hide herself.

On the other hand, Jing already feels a lot better today. His chest still hurts but his inner power already healed. He looks at the woman next to him still sleeping soundly. She makes him wants to continue his sleep and just be lazy all day.

Thanks to her staying with him, his body can heal much faster than usual. He touches her hair and gently tucks it behind her ear. He leans in to give her a peck on the cheek, but he stops when he sees something midway.

"Mother?!" He sees a woman on the doorstep to the room.

The old woman froze as she sees what Jing is doing. "..Hi." She says awkwardly.

Tao Ru wakes up as see Jing is starring at the door with confused expression, so she turns and finds out that his mother is standing there.

"Um.. I'm going to go.. haha.. just continue what you are doing." The mother runs away.

"Who is that?"

"My mother."

"What?!"

Jing exhale a deep breath, frowning.

_

Jing, Tao Ru, his mother and Wei sits together uncomfortably on the main area.

"Sorry gege , I tried to tell her no but she insisted to come visit you."

"Um.. I don't know that you are.. doing..I mean it's noon already, mother did not expect you to-"

"Alright. It's fine."

A big smile grows in the mother's face. "So young miss, what is your name?" She holds Tao Ru's hand and stare at her interested.

"Um.. my name is.." Tao Ru already forgot what's is her fake name. Her expression changes drastically as she unable to recall her name.

"Li Bai Fu."

"Hey! Let her speak for herself!" The mother tells Jing.

"Have you guys eaten yet? We brought some dishes." Wei pulls out a big bag.

"No not yet, let's have some now."

Tao Ru stands to help Jing hosts, but the mother holds her hand.

"Let him do it." She winks.

When Jing disappears to the kitchen, the mother continues. "That boy, is a love slave." She giggles.

"Huh?"

"So Bai Fu, what do you think of my son?"

The sudden deep question startles her.

"Um, I think he is a very kind person, also very caring." Tao Ru gives her sincere opinion.

"Okay.. okay.. and?"

"And?" She tries to find what else can she say about him. "He is very strong?" She says uncertainly.

"Well, yeah, he is the strongest guy on earth. But how does he treating you?"

"He is very kind to me.."

"That's good." The mother smiles. "If you need anything, please don't hesitate to tell me."

"Or me." Wei says happily.

Tao Ru's heart melts because of their warmth and openness.

Is this how it feels to have a family?

Thank you for reading! Please vote and follow me!

See you on Sunday!
Have a nice day :)