24- Entering Huang Ma Manor

Tao Ru's face is lifeless, it has loosen all colors, she looks at the sword in her hand, the burned house, and then to him.  She is devastated. Saying that she is sorry is an understatement.

"Jing, this.." she doesn't know what to say. Jing really just walks into the burning house for this.

"We need to find somewhere to stay."

"About the house.." She doesn't even know where to start, the house is very big and well made, it must cost a fortune. And she just burned it down because of her own stupidity.

"It's nothing." He can sees that Tao a Ru is very sorry, so he is trying to make her feel better. "Wait, were you trying to cook dinner for me?" He points at the chicken on her hand.

"Hm.. yeah.. but.."

Jing steps closer and kisses her on the cheeks. "Thank you." He smiles.

She is shocked when he kissed her, her eyes almost popped out. How can he not care about the important matter..

"Jing, I'm so sorry." She apologizes again.

"Hey, do you know that I am Huang Ma Jing?" He asks sarcastically, resting his hands on his hips.

She frowns, what does he wants now. "Of course." She answers half heartedly.

"So you must know that I am rich right?" He says arrogantly, moving even closer to her. Jing looks straight at her black shining eyes, the corner of his lips is curved confidently. "What is a house for me?" He raises his eyebrows, brushing the matter off.

Tao Ru stares back at him, "you are really him." She walks away. A filthy rich and arrogant martial artist, he really is what the rumor says. She remembers everything that she were told about him back in her sect.

"Yeah, I am pretty much everything that the rumors says." He agrees. "But they doesn't know the most important fact about me, I have a beautiful wife called Li Tao Ru." He pinched her cheek. And giving her a small peck on her nose, smiling.

"But I'm not pretty."

"Who says that? I am going to hit whoever says that my wife is not pretty."

"Me.." she looks down. She never thinks that she is pretty, especially with the big scar on her face.

"Then get ready to get hit.." He stops mid sentence, Tao Ru holds her sword tighter just in case he really does.

"Get hit by my undying love." Jing says, smiling sweetly. He gives her a quick kiss on her red pouty lips, leaving her dumbfounded and confused.

"Now let's go home." He pulls her closer.

Jing just wants to make her feel better about the house tragedy, and it seems like, he did just that. A soft smile blooms on her face, cutie.

_

"Where are we going?" They are walking out of the forest and towards the market. Her stomach growls as it is already time for dinner.

"Get something to eat."

"Yes!"

"You still have to cook for me tomorrow.." Jing doesn't want to let go of her dish.

"By the way Jing, where are we staying tonight?" She is still thinking about the house.

"The manor."

"Huang Ma Manor?" Even the sound of it tingles her spine. Is she going to live in her enemy base?

_

Tao Ru stares at the tall walls of Huang Ma Manor as they walk closer, the bricks are white and large, looks like it is carefully selected to achieve the aesthetic. The grand gate intimidate her, she thought she won't have to enter the manor ever again after her wedding day.

Jing peeks at her reaction as they enter the manor, she must feel extremely uncomfortable, yet she is unable to comprehend her expression.

"Gege! What makes you come?" Wei pinches her eyes playfully. "I thought the both of you still wants to have fun in private." She laughs naughtily.

"Stop it Wei." Jing just shakes his head, already tired of his sister behavior.

"Eiii.. don't be like that.." she still doesn't want to let it go.

Dudu enters the hall at the time, looking like he has something to say to his master.

"Wei, you better not waste your time thinking about me and rather think about your own relationship with him." Jing raises his eyebrows at Dudu, he knows that Dudu has feelings for Wei.

"No! I don't want to have any relationship with him!" Wei says, not understanding the situation.

Dudu's face turns dark when she says that. Why can't she sees my love, he thinks.

"Um.. okay.. we will take a rest first now.." Jing feels awkward when he sees their reaction, so he just wants to leave quickly.

___
The main pagoda is placed up north in the manor, beautiful lotus flowers are blooming on the pond, giving the garden a more colorful touch.

"My son, what makes you come here?" The mother sips her lavender tea curiously. Didn't he says he is not going to live in the manor after getting married?

"The house is burned down."

"What?!" Wei who is sitting peacefully on the side exclaims.

"Umm.. I'm sorry, it was my fault." Tao Ru couldn't put her head up, it might be fine for Jing, but what if the house is a Clan's treasure?

"Oh my God!" The mother covers her mouth with her delicate fingers.

Oh no! Tao Ru must have done something very bad, haven't she? She peeks at the mother's reaction and it seems like she did.

"That's wonderful! Now you can stay here with us !" The mother walks closer and holds her hand.

"What?" Her confusion reaches maximum level. Did she just say Wonderful? 

"Yeah! Finally I am not alone anymore!" The mother smiles happily as she hugs Tao Ru.

"Alone?" Tao Ru really doesn't understand the situation she finds herself in, but she can only smiles awkwardly.

"Yes, for decades I am the only person in this entire manor that is not a martial artist. I always feels so lonely. But now I have you, and we can hang out together as non-martial artist!" She explains excitingly.

"Not a martial artist.." Tao Ru forces a smile and decided to just go along with it.