27- They are All Playing in Her Game

Tao Ru's face color suddenly changes when Jing tells her about the cherry blossom poison . Her body tensed and her eyes seem uncomfortable.

Jing looks at her in confusion, he tilt his head to see her clearly. She must be thinking so hard, he thinks.

"Let's sleep." Jing finally says. Maybe he shouldn't have mention it if he knows that it will make her feel so troubled.

She just nods agrees lifelessly.

Jing hugs her from behind, keeping her close to him. His hand reaches to her stomach, holding his future child.

That night, he sleeps soundly hugging his wife, unlike her.

__

The maids bring in hot water for Jing to take his morning bath, not to forget red rose petal to give a soft scent.

Jing washes his face with cold running water, waking himself up. Today he has to meet the emperor again.

"Did I woke you up?" Jing asks Tao Ru that just enters the bath chamber. She usually doesn't wake up this early.

Actually, she hasn't been sleeping all night, her brain is thinking so hard.

She just smiles as an answer.

He leans in to kiss her good morning. His eyes almost popped out of his eye socket when he sees her undress herself by pulling the bow of her hanfu.

The white inner robe falls to the ground, showcasing her naked body. He blinks a few times, and even pinches his own self to make sure he is not hallucinating.

"Tao Ru.. w-"

The scars on her back is starring back at Jing, every single one of them has their own story. He touches her back, admiring what he sees. Unlike other woman with tofu-like clear white skin, her body is decorated with beautiful scars.

Tao Ru turns back and helps him to undress. He raises his eyebrows, very confused of what is happening. But his body reacts differently, his breath is heavy, and his body becomes hot.

"Jing, Can you get me a thousand years old ginseng?"

"A thousand years old ginseng?"

"Yes.."

"Okay.." he nods.

This ginseng is famous for being the rarest type of root, it can be used to cure any sickness. rumors says that it cost 10.000 golds.

"Really? You will get it for me?" She is almost shocked because he agrees way too easily to get her such treasure. He doesn't even asks her any question.

"Of course." He smiles. "I would do anything for you."

Her lips curved into a smile, her eyes are still starring at his. The shine on her eyes becomes more apparent, it almost glows blue.

At that point Tao Ru realizes, she is the great's Huang Ma Jing's biggest weakness.

___

The skies is as blue as Tao Ru's glowing eyes. After Jing left in the morning, she has been practicing her kungfu diligently at the back yard. Sweats droplets falls to the ground as she spins swiftly making the leaves fly around her. Her hands movement strikes forward to the big tree in front of her.

Combining her energy, speed and precise calculation, she managed to slice a few branches off the tree only using a few dried leaves.

Tao Ru already mastered the first half of FengShui manual. Control.

She sits next to the pond to rest. Her breath is still irregular, but she is happy. She looks at her reflection on the cold water. Her eyes are still shining, her hair is tied simply in a low bun. When looking at herself, she has finally decided.

"I am a fighter." And will forever be.

_

The smile on her face faded when she hears a knock on the door. Tao Ru quickly hides her sword away from eyesight.

"Older sister! I hope I didn't disturb you." Wei smiles sweetly at her.

"What is wrong Wei?"

"Nothing is wrong! I just think that I might take you around the manor."

"Ou." Tao Ru is never excited to do so, because it feels awkward for her.

"But it's okay if you don't want.."

"No..no.. let's go."

Lady Wei is such a sweet person, her smile is contagious. It is so different with the person that she met years ago in a tournament. She were a spoiled brat in Tao Ru's mind.

"So this is the main hall and that is where all Huang Ma disciples practice their kungfu daily." Wei explains enthusiastically.

Not far from where they stand there are hundreds of half-naked man thumping the ground doing their leg kungfu. Tao Ru nods, very interesting.

"Older sister, actually yesterday I told mother that you were bullied, that is why she gave you the dagger." She explains.

"..." Tao Ru pinches her eyes, the lady must not know how important the dagger is if she is willing to give it up that easily.

"Just in case the girls are bullying you again and me and Jing gege is not around, you can.. stab them." Wei gestures a stabbing motion seriously.

Tao Ru frowns, she is questioning her reality.

"Or.. not." Wei's enthusiastic face turns awkward when she sees Tao Ru's uncomfortable expression.

"Wei, promise me something."

She nods.

"Don't tell yourself brother about what happened yesterday."

"But why?" Wei doesn't understand why Tao Ru doesn't want her to tell Jing gege.

"Because he wouldn't like it. And then he would stress about it."

"Ei, older sister you are so thoughtful." Wei admires her dedication to Jing. Tao Ru really is a suitable wife for her brother. She smiles wholeheartedly.

_

"Look at that! The bitch has already gotten Lady Wei's trust!" A woman behind the bush says, they are secretly watching Tao Ru and Wei around the manor.

"We shouldn't stay put, we have to put her in her position!"

"That is true, we just need to wait until she is alone, and then we can attack."

They smile evilly, not knowing what they are gotten themself into.

Tao Ru glance toward the bush where they are, she knows that the girls are hiding there. Her senses are already trained to hear quiet movement.

The corner of her lips curved, let's play this game.