Marko

The boys and I had all gone to the cave where we usually slept. I waited until they were all asleep when I snuck out of the small cave and entered the main room. I couldn't stand to see her covered in blood and the memories of those idiots touching her.

The feeling I felt when I ripped into their throats was incredible. All I wanted to do was protect her but I didn't. We were to busy tormenting Michael because David had ordered us to. I hated him for distracting us from her. We promised that we were gonna be at the boardwalk last night and we weren't. We let her down. I let her down.

All I could focus on now was comforting her and trying to help her to forget what happened. I sat down on the double bed and leant towards her.

"Ashley" i whispered into her ear trying not to wake her to suddenly.

"Princess wake up" she twisted her body over to face me and whined in protest.

"Come on let's get you clean." She slowly sat up and leaned against my chest still half asleep. I moved her so she was sat against the headboard.

Her eyes were still sore from crying and her face was covered in blood. Luckily it wasn't her blood.

I grabbed a cloth and poured water from a bottle onto it. I leaned over her body and slowly started to clean her face. I could finally see her delicate skin again. Her eyes were no longer stained from mascara and her chin was no longer covered in blood.

"There we go. I can finally see ur pretty face again" I said whilst placing the cloth at my side. She lifted her hand to my hair and ran her fingers through it. She grabbed one my plaits and ran her fingers down it.

"Pretty" she muttered obviously in some sort of dream like trance.

I repositioned myself so that I was sat next to her.

"Do you want me to do yours?" I whispered. She nodded slowly and turned to face away from me. I glided the hairbrush through her hair detangling any knots that I came across. I plaited a small piece of her hair. She grabbed it and smiled.

She leant her body into mine and placed her soft lips in my cheek. Her kiss was so gentle and ignited a warm feeling inside of my dead heart.

She slowly drifted of to sleep in my arms. She looked so tranquil like all of her worries had melted away. My eyes slowly started to flutter closed.

*Sunset*

"Look what we have here." Chuckled David waking me up from my slumber. My eyes fluttered open. All three boys stood there staring at me and the angel in my arms.

"Shhhh" I whispered. "You'll wake her" I explained.

"Oops." Paul said whilst walking over to the bed. I was still half asleep and Ash was completely passed out still. He sat down on the bed and stared at her.

"Should we wake her?" Asked Paul. I removed my arms from her waist and sat up. I let my eyes adjust to the light in the room.

"Michael and Sam will probably want to see her and we should explain her new situation to her." Stated David. We all knew that we had to keep Michael and Sam happy for Max and his stupid plan. We all understood that Lucy was Max's mate and that you only ever have one mate.

Paul nodded in response. He then placed his hand on her upper arm.

"Woah you guys weren't joking" he said.

"We told you we weren't high" I said whilst climbing of the bed. With every movement the bed creaked.

"Ashley" he whispered gently in her ear. She gave a quiet whimper and repositioned herself.