Max

"Ashley wake up!" Said an excited voice from above me. I felt the weight of someone on my hips. It felt like they were straddling me.

My eyes fluttered open to reveal an excited looking Marko. He always had this sort of puppy look when he was happy or energetic.

"Hi." He said in a cooler tone obviously trying to act cool and hide his happiness to see me. I just giggled at him and pushed him off me. He now sat at the side of me crossed legged. He had this excited grin on his face however his eyes watery and red. Was he upset?

My eyes adjusted to the lights as more candles had been lit and an oil lamp was burning in the corner. The light from the fires created beautiful shadows on the wall. They danced as the light flickered and swayed.

Then my eyes caught Paul stood at the end of the bed smiling at me. His arms were crossed and he had a strong stance but still welcoming as usual. He was dressed however his hair was still a complete mess.

I couldn't see Dwayne or David anywhere. I expected it from David but not from Dwayne. I wonder where he could be?

"We picked some clothes out for you!" Said Marko excitedly. He looked so happy, it was nice to be around people that were so joyful.

"Well I actually I did, but I guess Marko helped a little bit." Said Paul as he rolled his eyes. However his stance became more playful so I knew he was joking.

"Why are you guys so excited?" I asked whilst pushing myself to the edge of the bed. Marko followed and stood beside me. They looked at me confused. Did I miss someone's birthday or something?

"Max is coming to meet you." Said Marko with a fearful but also excited tone. Something told me that he was excited about this but something was also scaring him.

"Don't worry about it babe, Max may be head vampire but all he cares about is family." Said Paul with a fake smile. I had a feeling that they were hiding something from me and I was determined to get it out of them.

"Come try the clothes on!" Said Marko cheerily. He dragged me by arm away from the bed to an old oak dresser where a neat pile of clothes were laid.

Paul started towards the door. He gestured to Marko to follow. Marko practically skipped over to Paul. They went to open the door to leave.

"You guys can stay if you want to" I said shyly. "Just turn around when I tell you too."

Marko smiled and Paul practically skipped over to join him. They didn't want to see my body they were more bothered with the fact that I trust them to not look. It was heartwarming how respectful the boys were. I mean yes they are murderers and that should be a big red flag but my favourite colour happens to be red.

"Okay turn around." I said with a smile. I proceeded to change into the clothes that were laid neatly on the dresser. There was leather trousers and a small black crop top. The boys knew me too well because I loved the clothes. There was also a pretty necklace. It was silver and had a gothic looking heart charm on it.

"You can look at me now." I said. They both turned around and their jaws dropped rather dramatically and their eyes were wide.

"Are you trying to make me feel good or is that your real reaction?" I questioned them. I crossed my arm and tilted my head trying to see if this was a facade.

"No of course not." Said Paul as Marko shouted no. They seemed offended that I even suggested that they were faking their reactions.

Suddenly they pounced on me and squeezed my body tightly in an embrace. "You are beautiful" whispered Paul. "A literal Angel." Added Marko. I felt the heat rise in my cheeks and hid my face in Paul's shoulder.

"The necklace is from David by the way." Said Paul. They let go of me and they both held one of my hands.

"I wish I had gotten you a necklace." Said Marko with a frown.

"Should've used that small brain of yours quicker." Said Paul teasingly.

"Yeah, wait what! My brain is not small!" He exclaimed whilst play fighting with Paul. After a couple of seconds Paul pushed Marko off him. I giggled and so did Paul.

"Come on Max is waiting." Said Paul. His tone was serious and instantly put my in a nervous state.

They pulled to the exit of room. Dread crawled its way into my mind. What if Max doesn't like me? What if he kills me? What if I never see the boys again?

"Hey don't be nervous." Said Paula whilst he squeezed my hand. "He will love you!" Added Marko with a smile. It's like they knew I was panicking and they were trying to comfort me.

They opened the door and dragged me into the main part of the cave by my hands. The boys stood slightly in front of me almost like they were being protective over me.

I looked over and saw Dwayne and David stood shoulder to shoulder. Dwayne smiled at me and David just looked at me with a loving expression. I think there was a hint of worry there too.

"Let me see her then." Said a caring but almost sinister voice. The boys stepped to one side revealing a man sat down on the old velvet couch. He looked at me with a beaming smile. He stood and opened his arms for a hug. I hesitated.

"I know you don't trust me. It's smart not to trust anyone but just know I'm not going to hurt you." He explained gently. His voice was soft but had a deeper rasp which made me feel uneasy. The boys pushed me forward a little bit to accept his hug.

"It's okay Ashley." Said David as he stepped towards me and offered his hand. His voice instantly calmed me and my rushing thoughts. I hesitantly took his hand and he pulled me closer to Max. He smiled and then let me go.

I awkwardly accepted his embrace. He smelt like burnt wood and salt. His intentions felt forced like he was trying to hide his true thoughts. It made me extremely uncomfortable. I pulled away from him after a couple seconds of awkwardness. He adjusted his blazer and then took a long breath. He then looked me up and down like I could be his next meal or something.

"Welcome to the family." He said with a sinister grin.

*Michaels POV*

"So that's the tour of the house, do you both understand where everything is?" I asked looking down at Laddie and then at Star. They looked exhausted as it was almost sunrise but they gave me a nod to show they understood. Laddie was leaning against Star. He had a tired and sad look on his face and so did Star.

I looked at them and couldn't help but feel bad for them. They didn't ask to become vampire. Star told me that Laddie was a starving orphan and the boys took him in when found him passed out barely breathing on the street. That gave me hope for my sister until Star told me why she was turned. Apparently the lost boys were become irritable so the head vampire found Star. Apparently she and her friends were smoking in the woods when she wondered off and got lost. He found her and turned her. He then gave her as a gift to the boys. The boys never used her but they still never stood up to him. She wouldn't tell me who the head vampire was. I think she was scared and I don't think she fully believes I'm my promise to protect her.

"Okay let's get you guys to bed before you both pass out on my kitchen floor." I said with a laugh. I was hoping to cheer everyone up a bit but no one seemed to laugh. I think I was joking around to help me cope more.

I lead them upstairs to my bedroom. Laddie held onto Stars arm the entire time. He yawned as we walked through the doorway to my bedroom. I didn't mind sleeping on the couch or floor so I offered them my bed. I could always go sleep in Ashley's room anyway. It's not like she will be using it any time soon.

I tucked Laddie and Star into my bed and watched them fall asleep straight away. The sun was shining in through my windows. I could feel the tiredness wash over me because of it. It was drowning me. I dropped to my knees and sat with my back against the side of my bed. My eyes started to feel to heavy and eventually my exhaustion consumed me.