Chapter 4

Mason's POV

I can hear noise from dad's office when I get home. Hopefully  he isn't waking Haleigh. I take her gift up to my room and find my bed empty. 

Haleigh's scent is there but she's gone. I set the gift bag on my desk. I wonder down the hall to my father's office.

There's Haleigh sitting in my father's chair going through paperwork and highlighting stuff. Dad is on the front side in a chair taking notes. 

"We can cut costs if we buy locally and then you're supporting your pack and not another. And who doesn't want to see our pack's businesses rise to the top."

"Right but are the businesses that we buy from now going to be able to survive without our business?"

"Sir, they have 4 other packs buying from them. And we have a local families struggling to pay the bills."

"Right of course. This is a better decision, how about the pack house electric bill. We need to figure out how to bring that down. It keeps rising. We're at 600 a month."

"Oh my god. That's ridiculous. We need to cut down to one game room and movie room combine together. And cut off on lights being on all the time. You're not in the room than shut off the lights. I know that the pack isn't going to like it but appliances, electronics and stuff need to be shut off and unplugged."

"Yes. Stricter rules." Dad says. 

I smile as I knock on the door. 

"Come in." Dad says. 

I step in. 

"Hey princess." I say. 

"Hi Mason, I was just helping your dad with some of the pack bills."

"I hear. How's your arm doing?"

"Okay. Your dad gave me some tyenol."

"Alright. I just don't want you to over do it."

"She isn't. We actually found some great solutions to our budget problems."

"That's great. Do you want to go hang out for a little bit until you have to go to work?" I ask her. 

"If it's okay with your dad." 

"Good for it. I want to get some of these business deals switched over right away."