Chapter Twenty Eight

Haliegh's POV

Mason has been working hard in his office with Tyler while Leah and I are making supper.

"Are you ready for next week and all of the craziness?" Leah asks me.

"Yes. But I absolutely hate my dress. Mason says I look stunning. But I look like a whale." I tell her as I pull the two roasted chickens out of the ovens.

"You should try it on later for me. Maybe I can work my magic on it later."

"Oh thank god." I tell her.

Leah finishes up the mashed potatoes.

We load up the guys' plate and take them into the office.

"Trenton can't go. Lacey was due last week with their first. They've been doing everything possible to induce labor. She's gonna end up with a C-section soon if she can't go into labor naturally." Tyler tells me.

"Well who am I supposed to send there. Colten needs some help."

"What about Axel and Kennedy?" I say as I set food in front of my mate.

"Are you volunteering your brother and sister-in-law?" Mason asks me.

"Well come on, Axel wants Kennedy to get out and focus on other stuff instead of her just staring at the calendar. It would be good for Kennedy to get away from all of us. I mean everyone around here is having babies and she just keeps marking the days on the calendar. It has to be really tough on both of them and I think that by sending them to help out Colten and his pack, that it would take the focus off trying to have a baby." I explain to Mason.

"Maybe you're right."

"I'm always right." I tell him. Mason just laughs.

The rest of the week went by pretty fast.

Mason asked Axel about staying with Colten's pack for a little bit. They jumped at the opportunity.

Apparently Kennedy needs a break from being surrounded by babies.

Leah managed to make my dress look knock out gorgeous. I don't look like a beach whale wrapped in a towel anymore.

Mason i s helping get the gets rooms ready. Nolan, Nova, Colten and Ashley are staying with us for he celebration while their packs take over parts of the pack house the local hotels in town.

"Haliegh, I honestly don't think we have to worry about wrinkles in the sheets." Mason says.

"I just want everything perfect."

"You're stressing Haliegh. That's not good for you or the babies." I glare at Mason.

"It's fine. Quit seeing all the wrinkles baby." Mason says pulling me from the room.

"Let's go watch to before they get here. Let's relax."

"Alright. Let's go."

Mason leads me to the living room. He groans when I turn on House Hunters. I can only laugh. He thinks that I get too many ideas from the HGTV channel. It's where I got the ideas for the closet shelving and drawers.

But he doesn't realize that Leah showed me Pinterest and that where a lot of my ideas come from.

After a few minutes of watching tv and cuddling with Mason, I feel myself start to drift off the sleep.

Mason's POV

Finally I can change the damn channel. Thank god. I love Haliegh with all of my heart but I can only handle so much of this stupid home improvement channel. They set up people for disappointment.