Chapter 24

Haliegh's POV

I pull into a parking spot at the diner. I glance around and spot Greg's truck parked up by the front door of the diner.

With a sigh, I head into the diner. I promised my dad that I would sit down and try to work things out with Greggory. Even though Mason wants me to tell him to get bent. Mason could care less if Greg and I get along, he's not Greg's biggest fan right now. He's been  giving them the cold shoulder. He may be their future Alpha but that doesn't mean he can't be mad for a while. For my dad's peace of mind, I can't keep putting him through Greg and I fighting. We need to act like decent people towards each other. We are the only family that we have.

Whether Greg is willing to work things out, that's a different story.

I spot Greg at the back of the diner in a booth. He gives me a slight wave.

I head over and join Greg in the booth.

"Hi Haliegh." He says shyly.

"Hey Greg."

"I ordered us some drinks. I hope orange soda is still your favorite soda." He says.

"It is. Thank you."

"You're welcome. How have you been?" Greg asks me.

"Okay. Happy that school is finally over with. We graduate on Friday."

"Yah, Piper and I are going to your graduation and yours and Mason's dinner party."

"Dad said you guys would be there."

"Hales I'm sorry. I knew that mom's garden meant the world to you. I was stupid and angry. I got pissed off and took it out on you. It wasn't right and I've been getting help to deal with my anger issues. Turns out that I have more issues than I thought."

"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have flipped out on you and I did. I'm lucky to have you guys as family and even if I don't feel like I'm appreciated, I know that you guys will always care and have my back."

"Haliegh, you are our little sister and we will always love you.  You have scared us, amazed us and inspired us. You are going to be the best luna for this pack. They just have to actually get to know you and I think that Mason is good for you. Before Mason, you wouldn't confront us. You would go straight to dad if you had a problem with any of us. After you and Mason got together, you found your voice. You actually stand up for yourself. And I'm proud of you for finally standing up for yourself. You stood up for Charlie and April and got them into a better home. You think like a Luna. Hell you basically have to, all the experience with the paperwork, and basic needs of a pack. You stepped up when you had to. Probably a lot younger than you should have, but you did it anyways. We're the ones who screwed up and took your childhood away. But you have no idea how much we appreciated everything you ever did for us. We always had food, hot meals, clean clothes and everything else. You don't know how proud all of us are of you. We brag about you to everyone. They can't believe that you have done so much for our family. Even before you and mason got together, you were always helping Shea with all the paperwork and budgets. You did it for our family and I'm so proud that you're my sister."

"But I don't regret any of it and I would do it all over again. You guys are my family. The only family I get in this world and I'm always going to need you guys to have my back."

"Always Hales. Now what do you and my little niece or nephew want for breakfast?" Greg says. I gasp and stare at him wide eyed.

"How did you know? I haven't even told Mason yet."

"You're glowing exactly like mom did when she was pregnant with you. And you better tell Mason soon. Because with the way you look, Mason will be able to tell soon like dad always could with mom."