Chapter Fifteen

Mason's POV

I rememeber dad telling me that when he and mom found each other it took 4 years for mom to finally go into heat. I was hoping Haliegh and I wouls have time together before this happened. 

There are two kinds of heat. 

The first is a mating heat. It happens to everyone. They find their mate and then when the wolves decide that they're ready, the female goes into heat. Signalling they're ready for the next step. 

The second is an Alpha heat. When an Alpha mates, their mate will go into heat. Basically like a regular heat but an Alpha heat doesn't stop until the female is pregnant. Guarnuteeing the bloodline. 

Haliegh is looking up at me, her pretty eyes filled with tears. 

"I'm so sorry baby. I wanted to wait until you were ready. I thought we might have a little bit of time."

"I know. I'm just scared. I know we can't not do it. Because my body will burn itself but I've never done anything like that before." Haleigh whispers. 

"I know. Trust me this isn't how I pictured everything going."

"What are we going to do?" Haliegh practically begs me for an answer. 

"There's only one way to stop this Haliegh. Oh god baby. I'm so sorry." I whisper to her. 

This isn't supposed to happen yet. She doesn't even trust me yet!