Chapter Fourteen

Haliegh's POV

I feel overly warm. I slowly drift out of the drug state that had taken over my brain.  I feel something heavy laying across me. I find an arm wrapped around my waist. I feel Mason spooning me and for a minute I know I'm supposed to mad at him but I can't be mad at him when he's cuddling with me like this. 

The pain in my arm is gone. Thank god. It hurt so bad. Mainly because when I don't have it in my sling , it's not elevated and it swells causing pressure. I just have to remember to wear that damn sling. That thing is going to be the death of me. I realize that I forgot it at my house when Mason and I left. I hate taking all these pain killers. They make me feel all doped up and I always feel like I'm in a fog when I wake after taking one of them.

I lay in bed for a while just thinking about all the stuff that Mason and I need to talk about.  So many things are running through my head. I really don't want to fight with him anymore. I've never been the one who picks a fight. But I know I need to stand up for myself here. I can't let him walk all over me or I will hate what we become. I don't want to be that person who keeps everything bottled up inside of me. I already do that with my family. But they're my family. I can't just tell Greggory off because I hate that he's a slob.

The number one thing that comes to mind is he broke his promise to me. In any other situation, it would be different and I wouldn't be mad at him. But he ditched me for people who hurt me all through high school. 

Tyler and Leah are the only people who haven't intentionally tried to hurt me. 

They just don't know what to do anymore. 

The second is he took the trust that I gave him and tossed it in the garbage. I don't trust people and I won't be so willing to trust him again. He'll have to earn it. And that won't be easy. I can't believe I was so willing to just trust him. I guess I just except him to not want to hurt. I mean we're mates and that should mean something to him. It means something to me. I didn't get to watch my parents be the perfect mates. I watched my dad mourn his mate. The fact that he would give anything to go back to that day and tell her that he would go pick the boys instead of her. That he would have traded places with her in a heartbeat. That is what taught me what true love. It's that fact that my dad lost his mate but he still tried his damn best to raise us kids and go on with his life. I know that he'll never be able to date anybody else. He loved my mom way too much to move on like that. I just wish Mason and I can have that kind of love. The kind of love that we can teach our children about when they grow up.

"Haliegh." I hear him whisper. I sigh. I know that we have to talk. But I'm not sure if I'm ready to hear him out.

"Baby, you have to know how sorry I am. I didn't realize that my friends were jerks. I was wrong and I'm so sorry baby." I hear him out before turning and actually facing him. 

"Mason, I know you're sorry but you don't even realize how bad it hurt to watch you walk away from me. I mean you yelled at me and then turned around and walked away. My only thoughts were what if he actually decides I'm not enough. That I don't fit in with the type of people that he hangs out with. That I'm not the type of person who he wants to be around for the rest of his life. He's going to leave and never come back. And that would kill me. I would never be able to watch you with someone else." I tell him. Tears well up in my eyes. I'm so scared that I'm going to lose him. Just like I've lost everyone else in my life.

"Never. I'd never do that to you baby. You're it for me Haliegh. When you disappeared this morning it scared the hell out of me. I tried calling and texting you  and since we don't have a mind link established, my wolf and I were losing it. I lost my temper and I missed judge the people that I used to hang out with all the time. I was blind to what they were doing. And I'm sorry that I couldn't see that you were so uncomfortable being there. You made me realize that when you left."