Chapter Seventeen

Mason's POV

I'm slowly pulled from my sleep as the scent of my body wash and shampoo hit me. I roll over and notice that Haliegh is gone. 

I sit up and look around. I see the bathroom light is on. I pull on my boxers and walk over to the doorway of the bathroom. 

Haliegh is sitting in the bathtub, bubbles up around her neck. Her eyes are closed and she looks relaxed. 

I smile to myself. I'm happy that we're mated now but I need to prove to her that I can be the best mate ever. 

I glance at my alarm clock on my night stand. It says 5:30.

I know I was supposed to help my dad earlier but I hope he can understand why I wasn't there. 

I wonder how long she's been in the tub. 

I knock quietly trying not to scare her. 

She opens one eye and glances at me. 

"Hey baby doll." I whisper. 

"I hope I didn't wake you up at all."

"No, I could smell everything."

"Oh, I just needed something to make my muscles relax. I don't get to do this at home a lot. Well never actually."

"Haliegh, you're fine. I want you to be comfortable here with me." I tell her. I hate that she doesn't get to pamper herself at all. 

"I'm comfortable here. But I think it's time for me to get out. The water's getting cold." 

"I'll grab you a towel." I reach into my linen closet and pull out a towel. 

Haliegh pulls herself up and steps out of the tub onto the rug. I wrap the towel around her. 

"How are you feeling?" 

"A little sore but pretty good." I wrap my arms around her and just hold her. I just have this over-whelming need to have her in my arms. 

Haliegh doesn't pull away or question me. She leans into my shoulder  as I run my hands up and down her back. 

"Baby you know I'm so sorry for yesterday. I don't ever want to hurt you. I love you." I whisper. 

Haliegh's POV

"Mason I know that you don't mean to hurt me. I love you too. But it's still going to take a little bit to gain my trust back. I'm sorry." I whisper back to him. I half except him to get pissed off at me and storm out. 

It's something my brothers would have done with their mates. I have witnessed that more than once at my house. 

"I know baby. I promise I'll make it up to you. I'm just happy that I still have a chance." Mason says to me. I snuggle into him more. I like being in his arms. I feel safe and warm here. 

"Let's go to bed. We have a long day tomorrow."

"Mason leads me back into his room. He hands me a shirt and I pull it on. I toss the towel into the hamper at the end of his bed. 

We snuggle together and fall back asleep.