Chapter Thirty Two

Mason's POV

After the meeting with Tessa, Whitney and their parents, they actually have been sticking to their punishments. Hales had told me that Courtney and Natalia spoke to her afterwards and they were impressed. Their husbands didn't actually realize how much their daughters walked all over them until now and with their punishments in effect and them still not being able to shift, they had actually started listening to their parents.

December flew by so fast, Hales and I were busy with getting ready for the twins.

Greggory was finally able to track the vampire that had surprised the girls. His name is Dimitri Markovic. I extended an invite to a meeting. I wanted to know the details of Dimitri's mate and her death. I didn't tell Hales that I was meeting with this vampire. It wasn't something that I wanted her to worry about at all.

The knock at my office door, I knew he was here.

Tyler and I had been prepared. We made sure to have guards bring in to the office. I held the meeting at our home while Ava and Vera kept Hales busy.

I answer the door. There stood a man who looked like he hadn't slept in a very long time by the shadows under his eyes. His long black hair was shaggy, he looked paler than a regular vampires. His clothes are well kept. He's carrying a little pink and flower covered infant carrier.

"Dimitri." I shake his hand.

"Alpha Mason. It's good to finally meet you. I hope that you don't mind but I had to bring my daughter with me. I don't trust a whole lot of people with her." Dimitri says to me.

" I understand. If I were in your position, I don't think that I could let my twins be alone with anyone but me as well. Let's sit and talk." I allows him into the office and we sit down.

"Alpha Mason, I need to apologize to you about coming here. I didn't mean to scare your wife or cause any harm. I am truly sorry."

"You're a very lucky person, my wife is very forgiving and She actually wanted to make sure that you were okay. It was her idea to offer the help. But I am the one who wants to investigate the accident. I want to know everything." I tell Dimitri.

"Selena is my mate, well was. We met 4 years ago when I was visiting the area. She was a waitress at the little cafe in town on the corner. I remember I would go in there every morning, order my breakfast and I would sit in her area. Finally she caught on, we started dating. We got married a year later. Our families weren't thrilled but her aunt and uncle whom belong to your pack, were happy for us. They celebrated us being married. We decided to travel the world for a while. We were young and we knew we wanted kids but we wanted to see the world. We got pregnant 18 months ago and we settled down in the house outside of town and we couldn't wait until our little girl was born. Once she was born, she was the light of our lives. Selena was going into town to get formula for our daughter, all the officer told me was that her brakes had been cut and she never had a chance. I kind of lost it, I took my baby girl after we buried her mother and I went to our favorite spot in Spain. I didn't except my family to go through and get rid of all my stuff. When I came home with Abbie, I came home to an almost empty house. Selena's aunt happen to know that Haleigh had bought the bags. So I went looking for Selena's locket for my daughter. She deserved to have something that her mom cherished."

"Selena, as in Selena Wellington. I know who her aunt is. My parents' just adopted her grandkids. Their mother wendy is a flake."

"Tell me about it. Selena's aunt had talked to us about taking custody of the kids previously when we first got married. We weren't ready for kids yet. In fact Selena had talked to the daycare worker and a social worker." Dimitri says to me. My mind wonders and I think about when I first started dating Haleigh. She was working at the daycare. She was always with Charlie and April.