Chapter Twenty

Mason's POV

I'm too shocked to move. I can't believe Haliegh just let loose like that. Everyone is either crying or just shock about it too. 

Her dad steps towards the roses. You can see his heart shattered into  a million pieces. 

I step towards him. 

"She's going to need to move in with you for a while. If she stays here, she'll only be heart broken every time she comes outside." He says roughly. 

"Of course. Can we...Is there any fixing it?"I ask. I'll do anything to make Haliegh happy again. To see her smile at something that reminds her of her mom.

"I honestly don't know. Lydia planted one rose bush every year one of the kids was born. Of course when Haliegh took over she added a new rose bush on Lydia's birthday every year."

"There had to be a way to save them. Haliegh loves this."

"I know she does. She used to spend hours out here. I could give her a million of Lydia's things but the only thing that truly mattered to Haliegh was the rose garden. I can try to save it but I think there's too much damage already." Tate shutters.

"Dad what's wrong?" Branden asks. 

"That statement, it's the same one that the sheriff and doctors said to me the day your mom died. There was too much damage. No way anybody would have survived. I came home and Haliegh was playing right here in the garden.  Your mom always said she was a flower baby. She would drag Haliegh out here every chance she got to. I'd come home from work and find your mom and Haliegh dancing in the flowers."

"I remember mom dancing all the time. She was always happy with us." Ed said as he holds Liv.

"Yeah she loved to dance. Haliegh gets that from her. Hell Haliegh is a mini version of your mom through and through. Out of all you kids, she reminds me of your mom every second of the day."

"We'll find a way to rebuild this for her and you dad." Axel says. 

Tate turns and looks at all of us. 

"Greg I can live without that rose garden. That's fine to me because I spend 21 years with the woman I loved. I raised our  eight kids. But your sister spent 3 years that she can't even remember. These flowers were her only connection with your mom. 

I raised all of you boys to take care of your sister. You know that Haliegh loves you guys but the way you treat  and have been treating her isn't right. I've been planning this for a while but I think you guys need to apologize to Haliegh and I think it's time for you guys to move out of the house."

"Wait are you kicking us out of the house?" Freddrick asks. 

"No, but the new owners might find it weird for you guys to be living with them."

"You're selling the house. Dad you can't sell it." Carlos says. 

"Calm down, I'm not selling. When Haliegh marries Mason, I'm giving her the house and all the land. It will be their wedding present as long as they can accept me living in the cabin by the river." Tate says and looks at me.

"Only if you come visit your grand kids everyday." I tell him. He smiles, understanding what I mean. 

"Always. All of my grand babies will be spoiled starting with Liv and Ed's baby."

"What?" Everyone stares at Edward and Liv. 

Liv looks up at Edward. He shrugs. 

"We're having a little girl. I'm 5 months along."