Chapter Seven

Mason's POV

Haleigh is digging through her closet when I decide to head downstairs. I can hear her dad yelling at them in the living room.  I head for the kitchen. It's not hard to find the kitchen from the smells. I find all the girls standing there.  

"Mason we're so sorry. We don't know what's going on with them. They're never like this. How's poor Haleigh doing?" Kenndey says.

"She's in a lot of pain. She's hurt that they're acting like this towards her." I tell them. 

"Jesus, they knew Haleigh was stressed this week with finals. It's all those AP classes she insisted on taking this year." Zeta says as she rubs her little baby bump. 

"I'm taking her some pain killers. She hasn't had a lot to eat today. She skipped breakfast, and a pudding cup for lunch."

"We'll make her a plate." 

"Thank you." I walk out to be her purse and grab her pain killers. 

Her dad and grandfather step out into the hallway. 

"Mason I'm sorry. I don't know what's gotten into them."

"I know. I'm fine. I get what they're doing, if I had siblings I would do the same."

"It just doesn't help that they pissed her off this week and they never wished her a happy birthday this morning." 

"She's in a lot of pain. I'm taking her some pain killers and food."

"Thank you Mason."

"You're welcome sir." 

"Mason, I know that the boys  are going  to put you through hell and you're an Alpha. But if you hurt her, I'll hunt you down. She means the world to me and I don't want to see her get hurt."

"I understand sir, I'm sure when Haleigh and I have children, I will feel the same way."

"You're a good person Mason."

"Thank you. Is it okay if Haleigh and I hang out tomorrow?" 

"That's fine. The guys and I have a lot to do tomorrow."

"Thank you. I better take this up her. She said her arm was hurting her."

"Yes go. I know the girls have food for both of you." 

I nod. We walk into the kitchen. Axel is cuddling up to Kennedy. 

"Mason we got you guys sandwiches."

"That works. Just as long as she eats this so she can take her pain killer." I tell him. 

I sense my wolf howling. Something's wrong. I turn without grabbing anything and run upstairs. I can hear Haleigh screaming suddenly. I hear more foot steps. 

"HALEIGH!" I yell as I enter her room.  She's crying in the corner. She races over to me. 

I hold out  her looking any sign of her being hurt. 

"Are you okay?" I ask as I kiss her forehead. 

"Blood!" 

I can smell it. It's a rotten trench. 

Haleigh's in a tank top and shorts. Her hair is pulled back. She looks beautiful yet terrified.

Her face is buried in the crook of my neck, her body is wrapped against mine. 

"Come on honey. Come downstairs with me." I tell her. She nods and digs her fingers into my shirt. 

I try to walk but it's next to impossible  without Haleigh unattaching from me. She's too shocked right now. So I just pick her up in my arms. I carry her down the stairs and settle her in my lap on the couch as I sit down. 

"Baby I need you to tell me what happened."

"There's blood everywhere in the bathroom. The window was open, I think that's why we couldn't smell it when we were upstairs."

"Are you okay? You didn't get hurt at all?" I ask looking her over. 

"No I didn't get hurt. I think it was just shock and it scared me."

"Thank god you're okay." I hug her to me.

~Is everything alright up there?~ I mind link her father. 

*There's blood everywhere. Not human but definitely put here by a wolf.*

~Jesus, does anybody recognize the smell?~

*It smells familiar but we can't place it. Either way Haleigh isn't sleeping up here tonight or tomorrow. It's gonna take a week to get to blood out of the walls.*

~She can sleep at my place. Mom and Dad have a spareroom thath she can use.~

*Okay. I'll pack her bags.*

"Haleigh, I need you to go eat something and take your pain pills. I have to go make a quick phone call. But your sisters will be right there if you need anything." She nods at me. 

Haleigh follows Liv and Kennedy into the kitchen. I quickly call my dad. 

"Mason where are you?"

"We have a situation at Haleigh's house. I need the best track over here tonight."

"Shit! What happened?"

"She went to brush her teeth and discoverd her bathroom covered in blood. Mr. White knows it's not human but a wolf definitely  put it there. The window was open too."

"Fuck. Mac is on his way now."

"Dad Haleigh need to sleep in the spare-"

"Yes bring her over. She can stay as long as she needs to."

"Thanks dad."