。three 。

♡

adella walked from the cinema counter, on her lunch break for around 20 minutes. she used the back doors and went into the back of scoops ahoy. glancing around, she didn't see steve anywhere and took a seat at the table, kicking her legs up on the table.

robin pushed open the side door, rolling her eyes at something steve had said, most likely about his hair. the scooper stopped walking, seeing adella sat down as she looked around with a small smile on her face.

adella looked up and locked eyes with robin, "sorry. i thought steve would be on his break."

"n-no. he's just got off his. i'm on my break now." robin replied and adella nodded, looking up at the whiteboard robin had.

"what's that for?" she asked, pushing herself up to count the tally's that had been written.

"oh, every time steve fails on getting a date, i mark it down. so far, he's got zilch." robin answered and adella chuckled.

"i guess he keeps telling you it's the hat?" adella mused.

robin nodded, "he does, but it's not like it hides anything drastic. his hair isn't that special."

"don't let him hear you say that." adella hummed.

robin laughed breathily, staring at the other girl who turned back to her. adella was doing the same: admiring robin. she was so pretty, and not in the same way she found boys pretty. there was something different when she looked at girls and she felt that exact feeling looking at robin. she wanted to make her laugh just to see her smile again.

"steve's about to, um, fail again."
robin pointed out, gesturing over her shoulder with her thumb.

"ah, entertainment." adella smiled as robin took her board off the wall.

"alrighty, one scoop of chocolate. that's a buck-twenty-five." steve smiled at the girls in front of the counter, handing her her cone. "anything else?" she didn't say anything but handed him some notes as he looked to her t-shirt. "ooh, purdue. fancy."

"yeah, i'm excited." the girl nodded.

steve started to put the cash away, "yeah, you know, i considered it, purdue, but then i was like, you know what? i really think i need some real-life experience, you know, before i hit college, see what it feels like. kinda like, uh, i don't know, see what it's like to earn a working man's wage, you know? uh..." the register started to beep. "oh, i'm sorry. i think that's, like, really important."

"yeah, totally." the girl mumbled awkwardly.

"yeah, anyways, this was, like, so fun." steve chuckled. "we should kind of like, you know, i don't know, maybe hang out this weekend or-" he went to hand her back the change and dropped it all. "oh, sorry about that. uh... i don't know. maybe next weekend or..."

"yeah, i'm busy." the girl lied.

"oh, that's cool. i'm- i'm working here next weekend, so... the following weekend's better for me." steve continued as adella and robin grinned in amusement to one another.

"no, i'm sorry, i can't." the girl denied. "okay, thanks."

"i..." steve stuttered as they laughed and walked off. "this is... my first day here."

"and another one bites the dust." robin said as her and adella slid into the window, both holding the board, robin holding the pen too. "you are oh-for-six, Popeye."

"yeah, yeah. i can count." steve grumbled.

"according to this wonderful board, that means you suck." adella smirked, pointing to the words.

"yep, i can read, too." steve shot back.

"since when?" robin asked and adella laughed.

"i thought you were nice." steve pointed to his friend as he walked towards them. "it's this stupid hat. i am telling you, it is totally blowing my best feature."

"yeah, company policy is a real drag." robin remarked. "you know, it's a crazy idea, but have you considered... telling the truth?"

"oh, you mean, that i cousins even get into tech and my douchebag dad's trying to teach me a lesson, i make three bucks an hour and i have no future? that truth?" steve questioned.

"hey, maybe they like useless men." adella shrugged and steve flicked her forehead. "ow."

"hey, 12 o'clock." robin pointed ahead of them.

"oh, shit. oh, shit. okay... uh... i'm going in. okay? and you know what? screw company policy." steve said and threw his hat into the back room.

"oh, my god, you're a whole new man." robin said sarcastically.

"i don't even recognise you." adella gasped dramatically.

"right? ooh." steve chuckled and turned sharply to the girls at the till. "ahoy, ladies! didn't see you there! could you guys like to set sail on this ocean of flavour with me? i'll be your captain. i'm steve harrington."

"oh, god." the girl at the front mumbled as her friends snickered.

"can i get you guys a little taste of the cherry jubilee? no? anybody? banana boat? four people, four spoons? share it in the booth? anybody? it's hot out there." steve rambled.

"oh, he's gonna die alone." adella snorted as robin marked another line onto the 'you suck' side of the board.

"definitely." robin agreed with a small chuckle as the girls sat down at the table, opposite each other.

"you were in the school band, right?" adella asked. "you played the, uh..." adella moved her fingers in front of her face, mimicking a trumpet with a small noise that matched the instrument.

"yeah, i played the-" robin copied her actions.

"you're good." adella complimented and robin tried to force back the pink tint on her cheeks.

the door snapped open suddenly, james standing there, "adella, do your fucking job and help me!"

"i'm on break!" adella retorted.

"well, the lines big!" james called back.

"mas grande que tu pene." adella grumbled as she stood up quickly, robin smiling wider as she understood her words. (bigger than your dick)

"finally!" james yelled as she shoved past him, going back to her job with him following, robin still thinking of her.

{1010}