。thirty six 。

(don't put spoilers or anything cuz i've not watched episode 9 yet cuz i gotta wait for me mum)

steve drove down towards rick's house by lovers lake, parking outside. they got out of the car and dustin went to the door, pressing the doorbell. there was no response so he rang it again and then when there was no response after that, he rang it rapidly.

"okay. well, that's settled. i guess he's not here." steve mumbled.

dustin knocked on the door, "eddie! it's dustin! look, we just wanna talk, okay? no cops, i swear. we just wanna help. eddie!"

"sh." robin shushed, her and adella shining torches through the window.

dustin rang the bell a few more times and banged on the door, "rick! reefer rick!"

"don't scream that." steve hissed.

"rick!" dustin shouted again.

"he's not there." steve sighed.

"reefer rick!"

"just..."

"he could just be really high."

"is that a foot?"

"no, that's just a shoe."

"hey, guys?" max called and they looked towards her where she stood a few meters away. they moved by her side and saw the shed she was shining her torch at.

they walked towards the shed and robin pushed open the door carefully, "hello? is anyone home?"

"we're gonna die here." adella mumbled as she walked in after robin.

"what a dump." steve muttered as he shone his torch around the shed.

"i mean, it's an ideal place to hide." adella muttered to robin as they looked.

"quiet, dark, shitty." robin listed and she hummed.

steve picked up an oar and started to jab the tarp on top of a boat making dustin look at him sharply, "what are you doing? what are you doing?"

"he might be in here." steve replied, jabbing the boat again.

"so you want to crack his shin?" adella spoke up.

"take the tarp off." dustin ordered.

"if you're so brave, you take the tarp off." steve shot back.

dustin didn't and max looked towards a table that had wrappers on, nodding at robin and adella who looked to her, "hey, look at this. someone was here."

"maybe he heard us. got spooked and ran." robin suggested.

"don't worry. steve'll get him with his oar." dustin remarked.