。forty seven 。

(italics in their conversation at the start is spanish 'cause i don't want to get the translation wrong and my duolingo is russian, my apologies)

adella played with robin's fingers as they sat in the car, driving towards the creel house. a distant chime could be heard in her mind and her head snapped towards the window, spotting the grandfather clock inside the wall of a house, the brick and wood of the house cracked around it. she inhaled sharply and glanced down at her lap, looking back to see the clock gone.

"what happened?" robin asked quietly, nudging their shoulders gently.

"i, um, saw the grandfather clock." adella whispered back in spanish, glancing up at her. "just." robin stared at her and swallowed down whatever she was gonna say when adella opened her mouth again. "i want to wait for him to... do the thing."

"why would you do that?" robin asked with wide eyes.

"to help. i can do my, um, the... mimic! i can mimic vecna, possibly." adella replied. "it definitely could work. maybe i will not be as strong as him, but i will have something."

"it could go wrong." robin said firmly.

"my walkman is in the back and so are some of my favourite songs, they're in a small bag." adella stated, linking their fingers.

"i don't want to lose you. nobody does." robin said, shaking her head.

"and nobody will. i can do it. just have my walkman ready." adella smiled.

"what song specifically?" robin questioned.

"anything by queen, elton john, there's some mötley crüe." adella listed.

"narrow it down, i beg of you." robin scoffed.

"fine, uh, stick to queen." adella hummed. "a night at the opera has a few on that should do it. i don't have a favourite song, there's too many good ones."

"there is. it's pretty cruel of them, really. i like the game." robin mused.

adella grinned, "me too!"

"they're plotting something evil." steve whispered to dustin.

"how?" dustin scoffed.

"they do that around me all the time at work to freak me out. so far, it hasn't worked."

"you sure about that?"

they pulled up at the creel house and got out of the car. max was still listening to running up that hill, like she had been all night. steve stared up at the abandoned house, "yeah, that's not creepy."