Chapter 4

A couple of weeks later Javonte and Sydney are ready to make their first move.

Sydney is in a truck while Javonte has an earpiece in. He covers it up with his dreads.

"Remember don't come unless I say the code word", said Javonte.

"Yea. I know", said Sydney. "Just make sure you abort when I say abort."

Javonte walks to the door and knocks on it until someone eventually opens it.

"You must be Brick", said the guy. "King is expecting you"

King is Keith's street name.

"Brick? Really? That's the best you can think of?", asked Sydney through the headset.

Javonte walks inside with the guy. Two guys sat by the door and Keith sat on a couch smoking a cigar.

"Boss, Brick is here", said the guy that let Javonte in.

"About time nigga", said Keith as he stood up. Let's go in the back and talk business.

Javonte follows Keith to a different room and Keith shuts the door.

"You wanna smoke?", asked Keith.

"Nah, bruh I'm strictly business", said Javonte.

Keith and Javonte sat across from each other.

"I'm just going to get straight to the point", said Javonte as he pulled out a ziplock bag of pills. "I got this new shit that nobody has even heard of or laid eyes on. That shit that will have a muthafucka feenin for more."

"Oooh you should be a drug dealer for real", said Sydney through the earpiece.

"My issue is, I just need somebody to sell it. I make profit, you make profit and everybody is happy", said Javonte.

Keith sat there for a moment as he thought about it.

"What's it called?", asked Keith.

"I like to call it taffy", said Javonte. "Got some sweetness to it. Sugar is an addicting ingredient. Add it to a drug and you got yourself the best seller."

"...I fuck with that", said Keith. "Where the rest?"

"If you're serious about my offer, you can see and get the rest for a price", said Javonte.

"...I'll let you know. Let me think on that", said Keith.

"Offer is on the table for 24 hours. No response and I'll move to the next", said Javonte.

"Alright man", said Keith.

Javonte stands up.

"Look forward to your call", said Javonte.

Keith nods.

Javonte walks out of the room and out of the house.

"You really need to be quiet while I'm talking to people, you're distracting", said Javonte. "What if you said something crazy and I start laughing?"

"Sorry", said Sydney.

"It's okay", said Javonte as he got into a car. "I'll meet you at the hotel"

"Alright. Get off my line", said Sydney as she ended the line and got into the driver's seat of the truck she was in.

Javonte chuckles to himself as he takes the earpiece off.

When they got to the hotel, they both are at the bar having drinks.

Sydney starts laughing. "I remember that. That was Sophomore year right?", asked Sydney.

"I think so", said Javonte.