Chapter 15

2 MONTHS LATER...

Sydney notices that Javonte is texting someone on his phone and he didn't look so pleased.

Javonte tossed his phone on the desk after he got down typing and rolled his eyes.

"You okay?", asked Sydney as she stood up.

"Yea. I'm fine", said Javonte as he stood up and grabbed his phone.

Sydney walks to her new partner Kenny, while Javonte walks to the elevators.

Jake catches up with Javonte. "Man? Where you going? We're supposed to be cracking down on this case man. I need a raise", said Jake.

"I'm coming back", said Javonte. "I gotta get something out of my car."

"Hurry up", said Jake.

The elevator doors opened and Javonte went in and made his way outside. Yasmin is standing by her car.

"I miss seeing you come home from work like that", said Yasmin.

"Yasmin what the hell is this? I mean really? Are you really pregnant?", asked Javonte.

"...no. I just wanted you to come outside", said Yasmin.

"I'm working!", he said with annoyance in his voice. "Stop playing games on my damn phone."

"Stop acting like you aren't happy to see me", said Yasmin.

"Yasmin, it's been three months, if I haven't came "crawling" back yet then it meant that I am done. Which I am. I moved on", said Javonte.

"So you don't love me anymore?", asked Yasmin.

"Nah", said Javonte. "So please leave my job. Don't come here anymore"

"Damn, at one point I was your queen. You look me in my eyes and tell me how much I meant to you...now you're being so cold", said Yasmin.

"Because you're holding on to something that I told you isn't there anymore", said Javonte.

"You know what...okay", said Yasmin. "Fine."

"Yea whatever", said Javonte before walking toward the building.

"That's why I was cheating on you anyway", said Yasmin.

Javonte stops walking and turns around.

Yasmin tenses a little. She knew saying that would make him mad and that's what she wanted. But she didn't want him to hit her. She just wanted to see if he'd care.

"Say that again?", he asked.

"I said I cheated on you", said Yasmin.

"You mean to tell me that I've been faithful to your ass and you was sneaking around? Damn, I should've just fooled around with the girl I wanted to be with anyway", said Javonte.

Yasmin makes a face.

"Yea. Yea I'm talking about Sydney", said Javonte.

Yasmin folds her arms. "I knew it", she said.

"Yea..and I'm dating her now. She isn't toxic like you. She doesn't try to piss me off, she doesn't lie", said Javonte. "She's everything you ain't, so if you'll excuse me I got some important shit to do"

"Fuck you Von", said Yasmin. "The moment you put your hands on her, she'll leave you. I stayed with you...I loved you even with your flaws"

"Let the shit go Yasmin. It's over with!", said Javonte.

Yasmin rolled her eyes and got into the drivers seat.

Javonte walked into the building.

As Javonte and Yasmin talked, Sydney was watching them from the window. She followed Javonte downstairs because she thought something was wrong with him and Jake told her that Javonte looked like something was bothering him. She saw him talking to Yasmin so she sat in the lobby and watched.