Chapter 41

"Von", Sydney squealed as he picked her up.

"You left yourself open", said Javonte as he put her down. "Somebody can do just that and drop you. You're small. Somebody bigger than you will use that to their advantage. But you know that right? You should. You never let me do that before."

"I know I just...I guess I wasn't in it", said Sydney.

"How about you get your mind off of Shawn and back to your work.", said Javonte.

"Jealous?", she asked.

"No. I'm about to marry a woman that I love in the next month so...Nah. I ain't jealous.", said Javonte. "I just care about your well being."

"...you saw that like you don't have feelings for me", said Sydney.

"And you're talking to me like you want me to have feelings for when you have a whole boyfriend", said Javonte.

"I'm just saying. I don't care if you're over me or not...just don't act like what I said was crazy talk", said Sydney.

"...you know how I feel about you so let's not bring it up or rub it in my face", said Javonte.

"Sorry", said Sydney.

Shawn walks into the fitness center and sees them in the ring.

"Now, let's pick it back up. Or do you wanna go do something else?", said Javonte.

"I think I'm going to take a water break then jog. So yea I'm done here. I'm tired.", said Sydney.

"Alright, Syd", said Javonte.

Sydney walks toward the edge of the ring to get out.

Javonte starts looking at her butt then he stops.

Sydney gets out of the ring and sees Shawn.

"Oh. Hey Shawn", said Sydney.

Javonte looks at Shawn. He didn't know he was there.

Shawn begins to walk to her.

"Learn something?", asked Shawn.

"Yea. To stop thinking about you so I can focus", said Sydney as she bite her lip. "Coming to my house again so we can pick up where we left off?"

"As much as I would like that, my mom isn't going to watch Lana for me again", said Shawn.

"Aw, okay", she said. "I'm going to go drink some water and walk on the treadmill."

"Okay", said Shawn.

Sydney walks away.

"What's up Shawn", said Javonte as he got out of the ring and dapped Shawn up.

"Hey. Can I ask you a question?", asked Shawn.

"Alright", said Javonte.

"Her baby daddy. What was the deal with them?", asked Shawn. "How they break up?"

"Well he cheated on her while she was pregnant with Sayora. He was her first everything so like...it hit her hard", said Javonte.

"Oh", said Shawn. "God helped her out with that one. He lame as hell."

Javonte chuckles.

"Exactly", said Javonte. "Never liked him."

"He thinks you and Sydney were a thing", said Shawn.