Chapter 13

After Sydney, Sayora, and Javonte were done at the mall, they went back to Sydney's house.

Sydney is currently cooking food for them in the kitchen.

Javonte is hugging her from behind.

After he pulled her hair, he's been a bit clingy. Sydney supposed it was because he was feeling guilty and he was.

"Baby I don't wanna burn myself", said Sydney.

Javonte moves out of the way.

"I'm not going anywhere.", said Sydney as she put lid on one of the pots. Sydney turns around and walks toward the counter to leans on it. "Did you pull my hair? Yes. Was it too hard?...No"

"You had to think about it", said Javonte.

"I just don't understand why you getting mad has to result to physical altercation", said Sydney.

"It's been like this since I was younger. The only thing that calmed me down in college was the fact that I'm paying for this shit, I can't fuck up. But sometimes it was hard...that's when I started working out. It helped...but then I began working at the agency and things just go a little worse", said Javonte. "But you know I'm trying."

"I know...I just don't wanna end up fighting one day and in the hospital because of it. I get that you're working on it but I don't know, I just feel like you need something else", said Sydney. "I want to be able to communicate with you without biting my tongue. You said I was belittling your concerns. That was a good start but when you pulled my hair, that's where you went wrong. Use your words...that's it. Not violence."

"I've been doing that up until yesterday, baby.", said Javonte. "I just got mad."

"To something that happened wasn't that major", said Sydney. "Over something that could've been resolved with talking. Point is I'm just scared of what you'd do if it was something major...you don't want anybody else to hurt me yet you can't even control yourself ."

Javonte looks to the side.

"This ain't gonna work", said Javonte. "You don't really have that faith in me."

"I do, Von. I just need to know what do we need to do before we go down a path we can't come back from", said Sydney. "Therapy?"

"Nah. I don't need that. I'm good. We'll be good.", said Javonte.

Sayora walks into the kitchen.

"I'm starving", said Sayora. "Oh my gosh I'm so hungry"

Sayora leans over the counter.

"Oh please. You're so dramatic.", said Sydney.

"Say, why don't you show me your new karate moves in the living room", said Javonte.

"Okay", said Sayora.

Sayora walks into the living room.

"We can talk more tonight", said Javonte.

"Yea. Okay", said Sydney without looking at him.

"Don't act like that", said Javonte. "I'm tryna help you out by distracting her so she won't be rushing you."

"Thank you", said Sydney. "I don't have a problem anyway. We have said all that needs to be said."

"Right", said Javonte before walking out of the kitchen.

Later on that night, Javonte and Sydney are laying in her bed. Javonte is kissing on her neck.

"Do you have any condoms?", asked Sydney.