Chapter 18

"I can't believe you guys are getting married", said Sayora with a smile on her face.

"I'm glad you're happy about this Sayora", said Sydney.

"Can I finally get a little sister? Or brother?", asked Sayora.

"Slow your roll. I don't know about that yet honey", said Sydney. "Eventually but not now."

"Okay", said Sayora.

Sydney had Sayora stay the night with her so she could come with them to meet Javonte's mom. They told Sayora the news over dinner and she was happy for them.

"Now, we're going to go meet Javonte's mom.", said Sydney. "Don't say anything crazy"

"I won't", said Sayora.

Sydney pulls up to Javonte's mom's house. And they both got out of car.

Javonte opened the door and came walking outside.

"Hey baby", said Javonte.

"Hey", said Sydney with a smile.

Javonte kisses her then looks at Sayora.

"What's up big dawg", said Javonte.

"Hey peanut head", said Sayora.

"Come on", said Javonte as he walked back into the house.

Sayora and Sydney followed him inside.

"Mom, this is Sydney and her daughter", said Javonte.

"Nice to finally meet you", said his mom with a smile. "I've heard too much about you"

Sydney smiles.

"And your daughter is gorgeous", said his mom.

"Thank you Ms. Davis", said Sayora as she smiled.

"You're welcome", said his mom. "Go ahead and sit down."

Sydney and Sayora sit down.

"Javonte, why don't you take Sayora outside and let her pick some fruit from the garden", said his mom.

"You have a garden?", asked Sayora.

"Yep. Right there out back", said his mom.

"Wow", said Sayora as she got up and followed Javonte outside.

"So...how has my son been treating you?", asked his mom.

"Great", said Sydney. "Von, has always been so loving to me."

"No unusual incidents?", asked his mom.

"No", said Sydney in a sort of confused way.

"Okay. Just asking", said his mom. "Look, sometimes Javonte can jump the gun in things and I just wanna make sure that you are feeling pressured or anything. I know he loves you and from what I've heard you've loved him since college so I'm not saying that you guys shouldn't get married...I just know how Javonte can be sometimes."

"No ma'am. He didn't pressure me", said Sydney. "I wanna do this. I love him, Sayora loves him and that's all I need to know to know that I'm making the right choice."

"And that's all I need to hear to welcome you to the family", said his mom. "I haven't had a daughter before so hopefully you and I can be on good terms and hang out."

Sydney smiled. Her life was starting to come together. She got the man she always wanted, Sayora approved of it, and it was a possibility that she was going to have a mother figure in her life for once.

"I'd love that Ms. Davis...maybe this I can have a mom for once", said Sydney.

"Did your mom pass?", asked Ms. Davis.