Chapter 53

The following night, Sydney is at her sister's house.

"Christmas you were stressed out, and now weeks later you look even more stressed. What in the hell is going on with you?", asked Lydia.

"I don't know", said Sydney. "I just...I don't know about you but I am at that point in my life where I don't know what the hell is going on. I don't know what the hell I want. I don't know who to trust. I don't know anything. I'm just lost and stressed out."

"...I just think that you should keep things the way it is. They're good", said Lydia. "...Shawn has been telling me what's been going on and I think that you're doing the right thing with not talking to Javonte anymore." 

"Since when did you and Shawn talk?", asked Sydney.

"Well...he asked me about Javonte. I had to tell him I didn't know much about him, which I don't. But from the things you tell me, it seems like he's giving you mixed emotions", said Lydia. "You seemed like you really, really liked Javonte. Hell...maybe in love with him. But he wasn't for you. He didn't want you, he just wanted you around."

Sydney looks down.

"I think that Shawn is good for you. You just don't wanna see that because you already let Javonte get in your head...don't let the love you have for someone that isn't good for you get in the way of being happy with someone that is good for you. Don't let love blind you"

Sydney looks at Lydia.

"What?", asked Lydia.

"...deja vu", said Sydney. "...I'm just going to talk things out with Javonte...clear the air and then move on for good. Maybe we can just leave things off on a better note, ya know."

"Maybe", said Lydia.

Sydney sits there for a moment. The thought it was weird that Shawn and Lydia had a conversation without her even knowing. Sydney finally stood up and walked to the door.

"See ya", said Sydney.

"Bye", said Lydia.

————

Sydney went to Javonte's house and got out of the car. That's when Sydney heard glass breaking. The noise came from the back of Javonte's house. Suddenly, Sydney  heard a woman scream.

Sydney quickly grabbed her gun from the car and ran to the back and saw that Javonte's patio door got broken into.

Sydney ran into the house holding her run up.

Suddenly, she heard a gun shot and walked to the direction she heard it. She heard another gunshot so she stopped.

"Von?", she called.

"Aw shit", a voice mumbled.

Sydney made a face. The voice was familiar but it wasn't Javonte.

Sydney walked out in the open holding her gun. She didn't see anybody but Javonte and yasmin bleeding out.

Sydney quickly ran to Javonte.

"No.", said Sydney. "No."

Sydney looked at Yasmin. She was already dead.

Sydney took her shirt off and held pressure against Javonte's womb as she did, she called 911. After getting off the phone with the 911 operator, sydney began crying.

Suddenly, Javonte touched my stomach.

"He told me", Javonte said struggling to speak.

"What?", Sydney asked.

"Pregnant", he said.

"Stop talking", said Sydney.

"Was I right?", asked a voice behind her.

Sydney looks behind her and it was Shawn.

"I saw a pregnancy test in the trash and it said positive", he said. ".it's his right?"

"Why did you do this?", Sydney asked. "Why did you come here."

"Because he doesn't need to be here anymore", said Shawn.

Sydney applies better pressure.

"Shawn...I know he did what he did to you but you didn't have to get even, you know that", said Sydney.

"This isn't about getting even...it's about him messing up my plan", said Shawn.

"Plan?", asked Sydney.

"You shouldn't have came here", said Shawn. "Now you have to make me do something I don't want to. I was actually starting to like you too."

Sydney hears the ambulance truck and police coming down the road.

"I'm sorry Sydney", said Shawn.

Sydney reached for her gun and Shawn shoots Sydney.

Sydney falls lifeless.

Javonte starts breathing heavily as he couldn't do anything but watch Sydney get shot to death.

"You bitch....you never loved her. You just used her", said Javonte. "I should've just let you die...she- she saved your life. You- you'd be dead...if it wasn't for her."

"And I got what I wanted", said Shawn. "See you later, maybe."

Shawn shoots Javonte in the head and runs out of the house.

And there you have it, love doesn't always bring people together. Sometimes love is the thing that tears people apart. Two people fighting against the love for one another, turned out to be the death of them. Not because they did it to each other but it was because one person tried so had to get over the other that she ignored every red flag in the person she used for her replacement

THE END.

NEW BOOKS TO READ

You can find this book on my profile (@WrittenByKalifa )