Chapter 45

3 MONTHS LATER...

"This Christmas. The fireside is blazin' bright", sang Sayora. "We're caroling through the night"

"Oouuuuh", said Sydney. "Your voice is getting better"

"Thank you", said Sayora with a smile as she helps Sydney decorate the living room.

Sydney is having a get together. Shawn, his daughter, Javonte, Yasmin, LJ, Lydia, her husband and their kids were going to be there. Tonight is going to be the first time Shawn and Sydney meet each other's kids.

"Now...remember that guy Shawn I was telling you about?", asked Sydney. "He's coming tonight so please be on your best behavior."

"As always", said Sayora.

"Thank you", said Sydney. "I also have something else to tell you but that can wait until after the party."

"What is it?", asked Sayora.

"No. You might tell everyone", said Sydney.

"It this why you've been so quiet?", said Sayora.

Sydney pauses and looks at her.

"Daddy told me to ask", said Sayora.

"Tell daddy that he needs to mind his. But if he must know...I'm fine.", said Sydney.

"....you didn't sing with me...usually you sing with me", said Sayora.

"...I think mommy made a mistake...hopefully I didn't but...I guess time will tell", said Sydney.

"What mistake?", asked Sayora.

Sydney sighs. "Nothing sweetie", said Sydney. "Finish with that while I check on the food. It should be done."

"Okay", said Sayora.

Sydney walks into the kitchen and takes the cookies out of the oven.

Suddenly the doorbell rings.

Sydney looks at her phone to see the doorbell camera and sees that it's Lydia, her husband and kids.

"Get the door please, Say", said Sydney.

Sayora walks to the door and opens it.

"Auntie!", said Sayora before hugging Lydia.

"Hey boo", said Lydia.

Sayora pulls away. "I think something is wrong with mama.", whispered Sayora.

"Okay. I'll handle that. Don't worry about it", Lydia whispered back.

Sydney walks out of the kitchen.

"Hey guys", Sydney said with a smile.

"Hey, so wheres this guy you've been spending all of your time with. I'm dying to interrogate him", said Lydia.

"He should be here any minute", said Sydney as she giggled.

"Good...but before he comes, let's go in the kitchen and get the food and bring it out", said Lydia.

"Aww thank you Lyd", said Sydney.

Lydia and Sydney walk into the kitchen.

"Before he go back into the living I need to talk to you. Sayora suspects that there is something wrong with you", said Lydia. "And you know your daughter noticed everything so I believe her. So what's up?"

"I mean ...nothing really", said Sydney as she shrugged her shoulders. "...I just...I love the time that I'm spending with Shawn and things are getting really serious."