Chapter 35

"Wait a minute, I'm glad that I get to see Say and spend time with her but you didn't check with me first", said LJ.

"LJ I have a lot on my plate right now. I just need you to watch her for a while", said Sydney.

"Damn, must be something serious for you to do this so suddenly", said LJ.

"Can you do it or not?", asked Sydney.

"...what's going on with you and Von?", asked LJ.

"We're going through some things right now that needs to be resolved and I don't want Sayora in the middle of things.", said Sydney.

"...rushed into something you couldn't handle?", he asked.

"What?", asked Sydney.

"You and Javonte", said LJ. "You know what I don't even start conversation. Go do what you gotta do....be careful and stay safe."

Sydney nods.

Sydney walks to Sayora and kisses her forehead. "I'll be back", said Sydney.

"Okay", Sayora said.

Sydney walks out of the house.

LJ looks down for a moment then he looks at Sayora who's watching TV. LJ sits down and thinks to himself.

————

Sydney unlocks the door to her and Javonte's house that night.

Javonte is sitting on the couch. The television was off but the lamp was on.

"About time. Where's Sayora?", asked Javonte.

"Her dad wanted her", said Sydney.

Javonte hold her ring out.

"Here you go", said Javonte.

Sydney looks at the ring then at him.

"Von?", said Sydney. "I- I can't do this anymore. I keep telling you this and it isn't getting through your head."

"How about we sit down and talk about this", said Javonte.

"I've been talking...you haven't been listening. I just need you to listen and respond accordingly.", said Sydney. "And where is our son?"

"Sleep in his room", said Javonte.

Javonte stands up and walks to her.

"Now put this damn ring back on", said Javonte.

"No", she said.

"Syd, I'm not in the mood", said Javonte.

"Von, I'm divorcing you and if you wanna act crazy you're going to—"

"Threaten me if you want to. Sydney if I wanted to go crazy on your ass I would've been fucked you up.", said Javonte.

"What's stopping you?", asked Sydney.

"You might be pregnant", said Javonte.

Sydney makes a face.

"I've been tryna get you pregnant for the last several months", said Javonte.

Sydney shook her head as she looked to the side.

"You pregnant ain't it?", asked Javonte.

Sydney looks at him.

"No", she said.

"Good", said Javonte.

Javonte grabbed her neck and lifts her off the floor a little.

Sydney knees him in his groin.

Javonte let's her go.

Sydney pulls her gun out of her back pocket and backs up as she aims it at him.

"Come any closer and I'll shoot you in the leg", said Sydney.

Javonte kneels on the floor in pain.

"I'm going to take Xavier and I am not coming back. I love you Javonte but I can't baby you anymore. I can't", said Sydney.

Javonte slowly gets up and starts walking to the couch.

"You want out? Then get out", said Javonte. "Fuck you waiting for?"

Sydney starts tearing up. She didn't want to leave Javonte because she knew he was better than the bad parts of him.

Javonte reached under the couch cushion and Sydney shot his leg. Javonte pulled the gun from under the cushion and shot her in her stomach.

Sydney got on her knees guarding her stomach in pain.

Javonte is breathing heavily because he was pain and he wanted to cry because of what he just did.

Sydney looks at him as she could hardly breathe.

Javonte calls 911 and tells them to bring an ambulance. Once he hangs up.

"....i told you to shoot to kill...not disable", said Javonte.

Sydney didn't looks at him. She was too busy focusing on not wanting to die.

"I don't wanna be here anymore and you won't get the job done", said Javonte.

Javonte puts the gun to his head.

"I love you...tell my- my son that I love him too", said Javonte.

Javonte shoots himself.

Sydney starts trembling because of what she just saw him do to himself.

"Daddy? Mommy?", Xavier said as he stood at the top of the stairs. He was frightened by what he just saw and the loud gun shots he heard.

Xavier comes down the stairs.

"Mommy", he said as he started crying. "Daddy"

Sydney starts crying silently.

"Daddy!", Xavier shouted as he shakes Javonte.

Sydney pulls Xavier to her and Xavier hugs her tight.

TO BE CONTINUED...