Ch 57

“Wait a minute, Noah.”

After some thought, I carefully spoke to the merchant,

“900 francs. It’s a hard choice to make. But judging from your symbol, you seem to be a member of the Pennsylvania Magic Guild. Some of them are among my teacher’s friends, and they’re really nice people.”

Having seen the symbols of various magic guilds in books, I casually spat out a lie.

The merchant frowned at my words.

“Then I’ll explore the night market a little more. Since my teacher’s friends are coming today, we’ll discuss the cost of magic creature eggs.”

The merchant coughed in vain at my remark.

“Ahem… Well, if that’s the case, I can offer you a discount.”

These items were the property of each guild and most likely had a fixed price.

However, there were numerous instances where the consigned merchants intercepted the difference, except the commission, after raising the price.

“500 francs.”

I proudly told the store owner.

At my words, the store owner waved his hand.

“No, that’s not going to cut it for us. I spent 550 francs on this egg, so how can I sell it to you for 500 francs?”

“Oh. So the Pennsylvania Magic Guild’s store sells 550-franc items for a thousand francs.”

The store owner was startled to hear what I said.

“I might as well tell my teacher’s Pennsylvania Guild friends about this. If the margin is that great, wouldn’t the Pennsylvania Guild be making a fortune soon?”

“C-customer!”

“Maybe other items are sold at very high margins as well, are they not? I must also ask them to check out the list of other artifacts.”

The store owner’s expression became urgent. Guild wizards will not remain silent if they knew they were ripping off customers and stealing their money every time.

“Customer! Then…”

He said, shifting his expression,

“Okay. I’ll give it to you for 550 francs.”

“500 francs.”

I answered with a clear smile.

The store owner sighed deeply as he looked at me with absurd eyes.

So I stuffed the demonic creature’s egg into my bag.

[Possession: 19,600 francs]

While the bargain was successful, it was still costly.

“I think you’ll be a great talent if you join our guild.”

Noah’s admiration made me feel self-conscious for no reason. It might be worth considering the Thieves Guild as a second career path.

I walked back to the night market with Noah and browsed the various stores.

What we were looking for today was the Deviamon Guild’s store.

I looked around, holding the paper with the Deviamon Guild’s symbol that Noah drew. But I couldn’t find it, no matter how hard I looked.

“Won’t they show up today?”

It would have been nice to meet someone from the Deviamon Guild, but it was at this point that I sighed.