Copia- A Helping Hand (fluff)

I really enjoyed writing the one shot so maybe I will do more? Let me know if that's something you'd be against and I can stick to lists! :)
I've been super busy and stressed out with university lately, so this is a little bit of escapism aka Copia fluff...enjoy <3

You had to stay in work late tonight, your office desk filled with empty coffee cups in attempt to salvage your energy levels through the night. The blaring voice of your boss, shouting through the computer screen of the video call must have startled Copia who was sleeping down the hall, as you heard the door knob twist before a crack of light from the corridor appeared. He slipped in, wearing his polka-dot pyjamas paired with striped bed socks.

Upon entering, seeing you still sat behind your desk, he furrowed his brow and tilted his head, mimicking pointing at an imaginary watch on this wrist. You have him a look with wide eyes to signal for him to leave, which he swiftly did, holding his hands up apologetically.

You shut your laptop when the call ended, burying your face in your hands before you hear him entering the room again- he must have been listening from outside the door.

"My darling, it's late. Shouldn't you be asleep?" He says, quietly shutting the door behind himself. "What are you still doing up working, eh?" His lips tug into a warm smile.

The further he walks in, he sees you looking melancholy in the centre of the room, still not raising your head to see him. He slowly approached you.

"Baby?" His face grew concerned stroking the top of your head, encouraging you to look up. You let out a small sob, revealing your sunken face, soaked with tears. "Oh my goodness." He quickly wraps his arms around your head from in-front of your desk, letting your cry out your emotions. "Shh, it's ok. I'm here now." He gave you a minute to calm down before bending down to be almost eye level with you, his deep brown eye and his piercing white one staring with compassion, sympathy and guilt. "What is happening? Who hurt you? Who did this to you?" He demanded, seeking answers for who would dare dampen your usual bright mood.

"Copia..." you tremble, "I'm ok, honest. Work is just getting me a little down lately, you know? I'm rather behind and...if I don't catch up soon they're going to have to let me go." You say, almost breaking down again.

"Oh, my love." He coos as he guides you to stand up. "How about this. I think we should get you into bed and we can talk about it in the morning? Its silly staying up round the clock, it is counterproductive, if you will. I can and will help you with anything you need, ok? Nothing to worry about dear, we'll resolve it together!"

His ungloved hand beckons you to follow him as he guides you back to your bedroom.

"You get changed, I'll be right back." He quickly leaves as you slip into the bathroom, changing out of the clothes that cling to your body after the terrible night.

The feeling of the ice-cold bathroom tiles beneath your bare feet was electrifying enough to send you pacing back into the warmth of your room. Copia had already returned as you entered, he was fluffing up the pillows on your bed and was creating some sort of pillow fort.

"Here." He helped up into the cocoon of soft, fluffy blankets making you have a sensation of floating high within the clouds. "I also made you some hot milk...it helps me when I can't sleep too." He explains, showing her the mug he'd prepared. You couldn't help but smile at the cuteness of his efforts- stood in his favourite pair of pyjamas eagerly looking on to confirm you're set for bed. "Well, I best be off then." He spins on his heels, heading towards the door.

"Wait, Copia." You climb back out of your bed to find yourself stood in front of the Cardinal. "Thank you." You take him into your embrace- he was stiff at first and was unsure of what was happening, his arms still lay down by his side. It took him a minute to catch on, before hugging back. He was not used to receiving hugs, especially not from someone as attractive as yourself. He felt himself blush.

"That's ok my dear. I promise will come and find you in the morning as long as you promise me you will get some sleep?"

"I promise."

And you bet Copia stood by his promise, greeting you during the early hours of the day. He sat with you for hours, helping with paperwork and any little tasks that would massively impact the time taken to persevere through the mountain of chores. He had saved you, and you couldn't have thanked his adorable little self enough.