Copia Comforting Exhausted Reader

LVJY_OYYGC_

Request: Copia (in his Papa era) x reader hurt/comfort where reader isn't feeling well, like they're lightheaded from forgetting to eat bc they've been working and stressed out, so Copia takes care of them and makes sure they're okay

Copia had been searching for hours for a book in the ministry's library, a place filled with ancient scriptures and forbidden knowledge. The shelves reached towering heights, their dusty contents seeming to stretch into eternity. He finally spotted a book that looked promising, tucked away in a corner, covered in a thick layer of dust. As he blew away the decades of accumulated dust and reached out to grasp it, he realised it was the wrong one.

"Cazzo. It must be here somewhere." He cursed under his breath.

Though suddenly he noticed a figure standing beside him. You stood swaying slightly and looked pale, your face drained of its usual colour. Copia, now concerned, quickly pushed the book back on the shelf and turned towards you.

"Darling, are you alright?" He asked, but before you could answer you suddenly stumbled. "Woah, easy there amore." Copia instinctively leaped forward and caught you, guiding you to sit down on the cold stone floor, against the bookshelf. "You ok caro/cara?" He cupped your jaw with one hand, supporting your waist with the other.

"I don't know what happened I'm sorry." You whispered, your voice shaky. "I just suddenly feel so dizzy."

"Have you eaten anything today?" He inquired gently, his brows raised sternly as he crouched down in front of you. You shook your head weakly, strands of hair clinging to your forehead with sweat. Copia sighed softly. "Come on." He said, extending a hand to help you up. "Let's get you something to eat."

With Copia's support, you stood up once again, your legs still wobbly as your weak frame carried your weight. He wrapped an arm around your waist, supporting you as you both began to walk out of the dimly lit library. The towering shelves seemed to watch over you, creaking as if laughing at your foolishness- you were exhausted. You couldn't remember the last time you'd eaten a proper meal, the last time you'd gotten a proper night sleep. You were truly burnt out.

Copia guided you along the maze-like corridors of the ministry, leading you towards his own room. He continued past your quarters and took you to the papal corridor, a place in the ministry you'd never been before as it was strictly reserved for the Emeritus brothers. He led you straight past the muffled sound of his brothers having a heated argument in the games room, and with the roll of his eyes closed the door to his bedroom.

"I hope you like pizza." Copia said with a kind smile. "It's not exactly gourmet, but it's the best I can offer right now."

"No, pizza is perfect, thank you." You nod gratefully as he motioned towards the sofa. As you sat down you watched as he disappeared into the kitchen, throwing a plate of a couple of slices of his homemade pizza into the microwave. Whilst it heated up, he leaned against the door frame, a smirk tugging at his lips.

"I just realized, I never asked for your name. I'm sorry for being so rude. You're Y/N, right?" He chuckled.

"Yes, that's me." You nod, blushing slightly.

"Ah! See!" Copia winked with a sinful smile. "I won't be forgetting your beautiful face anytime soon."

"Th-thank you, Copia." You stammered, your cheeks turning an even darker shade of red.

"Don't look so shy my dear." Copia chuckled again. He grabbed the pizza after the beeping of the microwave indicating it was finished and handed it to you. "Here you go, amore. I need to feed my rats, they're chunky boys. I know eating in front of someone can be uncomfortable, so I'll leave you to enjoy the pizza. I'll be back in a minute." His gloved hand patted your head.

You savoured every bite of Copia's homemade pizza, the warmth and comfort it brought seemed to chase away the dizziness and exhaustion. It truly was the best pizza you had ever had, finding yourself shocked at Copia's unexpected culinary skills. Copia returned to the room after taking care of his rats, concern still etched on his face.

"Feeling any better now, Y/N?" He smiled softly, tilting his head slightly.

"Much better, thank you, Copia." You replied, a genuine smile gracing your lips.

"It's my pleasure amore." Copia offered his hand. "Come on, let me take you back to your dorm. You need some rest." You hesitantly slipped your hand into his warm gloved one and let him walk you back the way you came.

"I'm sorry for the state of my room. It's a bit chaotic." You spoke as you unlocked the door, pushing it open to reveal a slightly cluttered room.

"No need to worry, Y/N." Copia chuckled, entirely unfazed. "Chaos is a sign of a creative mind, dear."

Once inside your room, Copia ordered you to go and change into something comfortable and told you he'll prepare your bed. True to his word, he fluffed up the pillows and shook the duvet, creating a cozy nest for you to slip into. You changed quickly and settled into bed, feeling the warmth in Copia's eyes as he sweetly gazed at you. He tucked the duvet around you, making sure you were covered and comfortable.

"There, all snug as a bug in a rug." Copia teasingly spoke as if you were one of the children he looked after in the ministry.

You chuckled despite your fatigue, appreciating the gentle care Copia was showing you. Copia sat on the edge of the mattress and began to stroke your hair, a soothing gesture that made your eyelids grow heavy.

"You know, Y/N, sometimes I forget to eat too. And sometimes I forget to sleep! That's probably why I needed all of this surgery." He joked, making you laugh softly. "In all seriousness, though, it's easy to get caught up in our work and forget to take care of ourselves. But we must remember that we're not at our best if we neglect our well-being." He continued, speaking from the heart. "So, Y/N, promise me that you'll take the time to check on yourself, too. Whether it's eating a proper meal or getting a good night's sleep, you deserve to be well and happy. Promise me not to forget to take care of yourself. It's important. You're important."

"Thank you Copia." A warm smile tugged at your lips, your throat tightening as his deep eyes stared lovingly into yours. "I needed to hear that."

"I know you did sweetheart." He curled his finger and wiped away a single tear you never realised you'd shed. "Come here." He smiled warmly, leaning down to engulf you in a tight hug. You wrap your arms around his neck, holding him tightly. You inhaled the scent of his delicate cologne and the smell of his freshly washed hair as he held you close. "I've got you, you're ok." He whispered into your neck as you sniffled.

"I'm sorry." You wiped your eyes as he pulled away. "I'm just so tired with everything."

"I know, I know." He cupped your jaw. "I understand, Y/N, I really do. But I promise, although it might not look like it now, the stress will pass. You're not alone ok? Don't ever feel scared to come and speak to me when you're feeling this exhausted my love. There's always something I can do, alright?" He stoked your cheek with his thumb. "Please, skip mass tomorrow morning, have a sleep in. If I see you there I will make you walk straight back out. I'll make it so embarrassing for you- you'll have to do the walk of shame as everyone watches you leave."

"Copia!" You giggle at his teasing.

"Ah but it's true my love. I'll go to great lengths to get my way." He toothily grinned down at you, leaned in and placed kiss on your forehead. "I'm only teasing you amore. Get some sleep. Come and find me when you wake up so I know you're alright, ok?"

"Thank you Copia." You whispered. "And that book you were looking for...it's on aisle G, bottom shelf." You smile, making him chuckle.

"Ah! Sei una stella." He teasingly tapped your nose. "Goodnight my love."