Terzo+Copia x Teen Reader (fluff)

Request: StasLovesTheFrau
Please can you write one about Terzo and/ or Copia helping a teenage girl finding it hard to adjust to the ministry after running away??

Copia had always been good with children. There was something so gentle and soothing, something almost maternal about the man. He was with the orphaned children a lot, including bedtime, which was his responsibility as no other cardinal could grasp the art of getting the rowdy kids to sleep.

"Come on, you rascals, lights out!" Copia's soft voice raised slightly as he tried to hoard the boisterous teenagers into their assigned beds. "No! No pillow fights! Do you want me to get the ghouls up here?!"

However, amidst the chaos and laughter, Copia noticed that you were already hiding underneath your covers, secluding yourself from the group. Quietly, he crouched by your side and gently put a hand on your shoulder hidden beneath the duvet.

"Hey." Copia whispered. "Y/N, my dear, is something troubling you?"

"It's nothing, Copia." You mumbled, avoiding eye contact. Copia didn't press, knowing that sometimes, it took time for teenagers to open up. Instead he just softly sighed, his warm breath hitting the top of your nose.

"Well, that's not true now is it dear? Would you like to go somewhere quieter, we'll have a little chat, si?" You hesitated for a moment before you nodded. Copia extended his hand. "Come with me cara." He smiled warmly, helping you sit up in your bed and slip your feet into some slippers.

He led you out of the noisy dormitory and towards the papal corridor, a place reserved exclusively for Emeritus brothers. You felt his warm hand that was placed protectively on your back as he guided you towards the lounge, understanding it was a rare privilege to be allowed inside. The spacious lounge exuded an air of homeliness, with plush sofas and warm lighting. The scent of freshly cut flowers from Primo's garden wafted through the room, and it was impeccably clean.

Though as your eyes wandered around the room, they widened in surprise. Terzo, the head of the church you knew as Papa, lay on one of the sofas in his pyjamas, a sleeping cat nestled in his lap. He was scrolling through his phone, his expression relaxed as his fingertips gently stroked the feline's fur.

"Ciao testa di cazzo." Terzo spoke to Copia, not looking up from his phone, though a mischievous smirk graced his lips.

"Language, Terzo." Copia lowly said, clearing his throat as he came into view with his hand on your shoulder. "We've got a guest."

Terzo's head snapped up in shock and his expression shifted from a devilish look to an apologetic one when he saw you. As he quickly sat up the sofa, the cat that was purring in his lap quickly jumped down.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry- forgive me, young lady." Terzo toothily grinned. "I have a foul mouth, please take no notice."

"It's alright Papa." You nervously chuckled at the rare sight of the man flustered and relaxed, quite unlike his usual regal and formal demeanour.

"Sorry Y/N, I wasn't expecting Papa to be in here at this time. Just ignore him, that's what I do." He teased, earning a small giggle from you and a pillow thrown at his head from Terzo. "Fratello! Behave! Anyway, like I was saying, he is usually eh- partying, or something like that."

"Si, you've caught me in a rare moment of relaxation sweetheart." Terzo chuckled. "But please, don't mind me." He motioned towards the opposite sofa.

Copia settled with you, wrapping a comforting arm around your shoulders and embracing you in his red cassocks. You sniffled, your voice choked with emotion; you couldn't bring yourself to speak, your tears betraying your feelings.