Little Copia x Brother Terzo

Request: thespitalfields
Older brother Terzo x Little Copia - angst+fluff

In a small, dimly lit office in the ministry, Terzo sat hunched over a pile of paperwork, the soft flicker of candlelight casting shadows across his sharp features. He glanced at his wristwatch, releasing it was almost time for him to leave to go and pick up Copia from his first day at school. A smile tugged at the corners of Terzo's lips, excitement bubbling within him as he remembered how much he himself had loved school.

As a young training cardinal, Terzo was popular and well-liked by everyone in the ministry. His caring nature, his charisma and his undoubtably handsome appearance meant the man had almost never dealt with the feeling of being alone. Yet, he knew that his education he got at the ministry, whilst admirable in the clergy's eyes, amounted to little in the real world.

Terzo had made the decision to provide Copia with a better education, one that would open doors beyond the confines of the ministry if he ever wished to leave and pursue something else. The decision hadn't been easy, Terzo's brothers along with the rest of the higher clergy had criticised him for it, but he always wanted the best for his little brother. Copia, at just five years old, was the opposite of Terzo in many ways- shy, introverted, and with a fascination for rats, he had already delved into the science behind them, impressing even his elder brother Primo with his knowledge.

Terzo gathered the last of the paperwork, neatly stacking it before blowing out the candle. He stood up, adjusting his cardinal robes and wriggling into his coat before he made his way out of the office. His excitement grew as he drove closer to the school, envisioning his brother's face lighting up with stories about his day at school. Terzo couldn't wait to hear all about it.

He parked his car by the gates of the school and stepped out, scanning the playground, searching for a glimpse of his little brother. And there, in the distance, he spotted Copia's tiny figure, running toward him with a backpack bouncing on his shoulders. Terzo couldn't contain his excitement as he crouched down with open arms ready to greet his brother. When Copia reached him, he engulfed the young boy in a warm hug, standing back up and lifting him up into his arms.

"Ciao, fratello." He said with a broad smile, his eyes filled with pride. "How was your first day?" But as Terzo pulled back to look at Copia's face, his smile faltered. Copia was sobbing, tears streaming down his cheeks. Concern etched across Terzo's features as he felt his heart drop. "Hey, hey. What's wrong, Copia? Why are you crying?"

"I-" Copia hiccuped between sobs, his tiny voice shaking. "I just want to go home." He replied, his words barely audible through his tears.

"Alright, let's get you back." Without hesitation, Terzo hurriedly placed Copia in the car seat in the front of his car, fastening his seatbelt. As he pulled away from the school, he reached over and placed a comforting hand on Copia's stomach. Copia placed his much smaller, cold hands over Terzo's, his tiny fingers gripping onto his older brother. "It's okay, we're almost home, it's only a very short drive."

Terzo pulled up to the familiar gates of the ministry and parked his car, then carefully unstrapped Copia from the car seat. He carefully carried the snuggling child, quickly manoeuvring through the corridors and doing his best to dodge the curious gazes of the other siblings who noticed the upset little boy.

Finally, they reached Terzo's room, and he closed the door behind them, shutting out the prying eyes of the ministry. He placed Copia down gently on the floor, concern etched across his face as he watched his little brother begin to aggressively tug at his t-shirt, as if it were the source of all his frustration.

"Hey, hey." Terzo furrowed his brows. "What are you doing?"

"I hate it!" Copia's face contorted in anger, and he continued yanking at his shirt. "I hate it!" He exclaimed again, his voice filled with frustration. Terzo was taken aback, puzzled by Copia's reaction. It was his favorite T-shirt, the one with the rat embroidered into it- the one he'd been so excited to wear that morning.