Releasing our hidden tension

Later that night after Loid stood up for his family, the trio hangs their head low in defeat.

"What would I do if I failed this mission? Do I also have to retire like Y/n will?" Loid thought.

"Papa would throw me back in the orphanage... and I hurt Mama's feelings." Anya sulks in her mind.

"I'll get some fresh air." Y/n leaves after serving them snacks and teas to call someone on the telephone booth.

**Loid's POV**

Y/n goes out after she left us some biscuits and drinks.

I already know that she's going to do something that will ease her anger. Revenge...

I just hope that she doesn't go overboard or else we will be suspicious.

*deeply sighs*

"Papa... Anya is sorry." Anya spoke after being silent for so long.

"Anya didn't do her best during the exam this day." She added.

Well, this is where my fatherly love comes in. She doesn't have to say that, it is mainly our fault for using her into these kinds of things.

"It's okay. You didn't want to go to that school, right?" I ask.

I rarely ask for her opinion on things and most importantly, her own feelings. Y/n does it best, I guess, she knows that she is qualified to be a mother while I don't know for myself but I am doing better ever since we got married and Anya is like a real daughter to me.

Anya jumps off the couch and grabs on my leg as I am sitting down. She lays her head on my leg like a bowing manner.

"Anya wants to go to school. I have to... or else you will dispose of Anya." She sounded so sad.

"Anya..." I said.

Now I feel guilty of telling her that I will return her to a better orphanage and keep setting her mind that if she didn't do well, I will choose another child for this mission.

My mind replayed what Anya said earlier, she wanted to live with us forever even though I haven't been treating her like a daughter.

I'm such a bad father, I'm sorry, Y/n...

"I'm back!" Y/n enters the house again with a smile.

She already did something, I will have to ask her later about that.

"Did I miss anything?" Y/n asks laying a hand on my shoulder.

"Anya told me that she wanted to go to that school even after what happened today." I informed her.

"That's some mature decision, Anya! Are you sure?" Y/n was shocked.

Anya nods slowly to her.

"To be honest, I already doubt in the first place that we will pass." I lean back on the chair.

"Yeah, if it weren't for those stupid qualifications they need. Anya can easily get in." Y/n scoffs.

"But we did good for the first 2 evaluations, didn't we?" Y/n added, still trying to set faith in us.

"Oh! The old guy with one glass and the old guy with glasses were really nice! One glass old guy thanked Mama for traumatizing the cow!" Anya cheer making Y/n uncomfortable.

"I hope they will cover for us greatly for that." Y/n massages her temples.

"Let's just congratulate ourselves for making it this far!" I lift my cup of tea.