Unfolding secret stashes

After the battle with Yor and Fiona, the three of them go home until they passed a convenience store to buy some ice cream. Since Loid is very drained for the day, he lets Yor take Anya home by herself for him to get more rest early.

Loid sigh in relief as he got to their apartment building. By the foyer, their neighbors are chattering...

"What is happening to the lovely couple? They're both cheating left and right!"

"I heard there were two sex videos of the maid and the husband that was leaked."

"I suppose having a handsome husband and beautiful wife can't really secure a long-lasting relationship."

"I heard that the wife is pregnant too!"

"Then the baby couldn't be Mr. Forger's?"

"The disgrace!"

"I feel so dirty for them."

"But it's my first time to see that man around here."

"Hmm... I almost forgot someone is with her. But who? Which colleague at WISE? Or is he  a client from her business?" Loid halts and have a thought...

Loid loudly clears his throat before greeting the nosy neighbors.

"Evening ladies." He gave the fakest smile.

They felt ashamed and let Loid pass through. He reached their door and hesitated to come in...

"What if-- Ugh, no! Dawn wouldn't betray me just like that... But would Y/n do?"

Loid sighs defeated, sliding his hands on the door and hit lightly.

"I shouldn't think of her this way. She treats people back like how they treat her! --There is an exemption with Anya, of course. Not just because of Operation strix but because she is our daughter." Loid smiles.

He enters as soon as he is comforted with the "husband" title.

"I'm home!"

Y/n's sad scolding face turned to a soft smile. She welcomes him with a hug and a kiss.

"I thought you would be late! I didn't prepare any food--"

"-Speaking of food. I got you the flowers you like! Happy birthday, honey."

As Loid hands her the bouquet, the colleague peaks and says,

"--Flower is not a food-- OH! COOL THOSE ARE FOOD!" Daybreak stole a flower and began eating it.

"You?!" Loid exclaims.

"Yeah, he's here. Apparently, he is the one Agent Nightfall sent to trick me into getting to the surprise party at WISE." Y/n explains.

"Aren't you fired from WISE?" Loid glares at him while holding his wife close to him.

"Yeah, but that Night lady agent gave me a mission where she said I can get free food. Didn't know it involved Dawn with it-- We were both pleasantly surprised!" Daybreak failed to defend himself.

"Of course you are! But you too?" Loid eyed Y/n.

"Hey! It wasn't pleasant at all! Anya thought he was a thief and ordered Bond-man to 'attack' him. He even ruined the cake that I could've enjoyed with Anya." Y/n said.

After a little more talk, Daybreak left with some leftover foods and Loid can finally breathe. The couple sat on the couch, Loid lay his head on Y/n's lap and she starts massaging his scalp.

"Did you turn in your report for today's mission?" Y/n asks.

"Darn... *sighs* I'll do it after I take a nap." Loid groans.