Fourteen

Fourteen
🌸Everlee🌸

"Are you single?!" The man whose shoulders I am currently sitting on shouts up to me. I frown gently at his question. Am I single?

"I think so," I say down to him.

My brain is a fuzz as I climb down his shoulders. Probably because of the huge amount of alcohol I've seemed to have consumed. It's been a very long time since I've been this reckless with alcohol, but Lottie and I are made quite a bit of money from our new stock, all in twelve hours! We're almost sold out already.

"You think so?" The stranger stares down at me with a look of amusement. He's holding me steady by my shoulders, and I cringe at the feeling of his hands on me. I don't like them. They feel rough and clammy. Ew.

"She isn't single." A rosy-cheeked Lottie speaks up next to me. She's not as drunk as me. What a responsible lady.

"Look, is your friend single or not?" He's getting agitated with us, a look of annoyance on his tanned face. His bushy eyebrows furrow, his eyes alternating between us.

"I think I am, I'm not sure."

"Ev!" Lottie tries to communicate with me through her eyes, but I'm too confused to understand what she is trying to tell me.

"I'm not single?"

"Blaze." She says with gritted teeth, and I smile at the mention of my amazing bodyguard.

"That is right. I have a thing going on with my bodyguard." I slur to the stranger and he throws his head back in laughter.

A frown forms on my face as I splutter, "What are you l-laughing at?" I lose my balance a little, but my best friend grasps my arm.

"Your bodyguard. Right." He then turns to his friend and says something to him in Portuguese. They both chuckle before their attention falls on me again. "I have a boat. You wanna see?" I shake my head, wary about what his intentions are. He's making me feel uncomfortable.

Turning my head to look over my shoulder, I try to scope out Blaze, or even Cairo, but worry seeps in when I see that the man that I now know is called Josh has taken his place. Where is Blaze?! There is no way he'd leave without telling me.

My worry only heightens when a large crowd cheers and splits Lottie and me apart. I get lost in the crowd of people, and my breathing becomes erratic.

"Lottie!" My vision blurs, and I stumble around as I get pushed in every direction. "Blaze!" A whimper escapes my mouth when a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I shove them off of me and try to find a way out of the crowd.

When I spot the stranger that we were just with, I have no choice but to ask him for help. He spots me instantly, making my way over to him, and an unsettling smirk morphs onto his face. He's standing next to a boat, which I'm assuming is his. I shudder at how uncomfortable I'm feeling at this very moment.

"I'm guessing you are looking for your friend?" I frantically nod my head, swallowing the lump in my throat. "She's on the boat."

What the fuck? Now I'm sobering up. Why the hell would Lottie, responsible Lottie, go on a random person's boat?!

"She was quite scared."

"Okay, well could you please bring her out because I would like to go back home?"

He smirks.

"Sure."

•••

Blaze

'You're playing with fire.'

That's all that was said down the phone before the line went dead.