Twenty-Seven

Twenty-Seven
🌸Everlee🌸

As soon as my eyes open and my hands make contact with air from the space next to me, I sit up and panic.

"Blaze?" I call out, anxiety slowly creeping in even though I have just woken up. I shove the covers away from my naked body and slip out of bed, throwing a dressing gown on before making my way out of the bedroom. I walk the long corridor, my bare feet patting against the cool tiled flooring. Once I've made it to the open living area the only person I spot is my brother, nibbling anxiously on his fingernails.

"Where is Blaze?" He jumps and turns his head to look at me.

"Fucking hell, Lee. Could you not do stealth mode on me right now? I've sent him and Cairo out." My eyebrows crease and I tilt my head at my brother looking at him in suspicion.

"Sent them where?" I question. This is the first time I've truly been apart from Blaze and right now I'm not liking it at all. My brother begins to laugh, however, I don't find anything about this amusing one bit. "This isn't funny, Easton. Where the hell have you sent them?"

"Okay, don't be mad." He holds his hands up in defence. "So we've got to take a boat to get out of here and make our way to Turkey. It's not safe to fly but we know someone who can help us. I've sent the two of them to meet up with him so we can get going straight away." He explains and the confusion doesn't leave my body.

"'We' know someone?"

"I think you know him quite well. But I'll remind you if you have a bit of brain fog, his name is Eros." My face falls instantly.

He's just sent my crazily overprotective boyfriend to go and visit a man I used to fuck and we're going to have to get on a boat with him! This is not going to end well.

"Easton, you fucking idiot! Do you have any idea how crazy Blaze is?!" I throw my arms up in the air staring at my brother with wide eyes.

He scratches the back of his neck. "Well I haven't really known him that long, so no, Everlee, I have no idea how crazy your boyfriend is." I shake my head in disbelief. "I just thought it would be amusing to wind him up a little," I swear my eye just twitched. I could absolutely strangle the shit out of him right now.

"Nothing about this will be amusing when we find out we haven't got a way out of the country because Blaze has just murdered the one person that could get us out. How long have they been gone?" Easton checks the time on his phone.

"A couple of hours, they should be back soon." I slowly nod my head and for another thirty minutes, we wait for them to arrive back home.

And the minute I hear the sound of a car pulling up I jump from the stool, but Easton stops me from advancing any further.

"Let me go first. It might not be them and we need to take as many precautions as possible, I wouldn't like to be the next person on Blaze's kill list because you got hurt." He shudders at the thought and pulls out a gun before making his way towards the front door with me following very close behind him.

Easton only lowers his defence once we see Cairo and Blaze step out of the sports car. Cairo looks amused but my Blaze looks fuming. He's storming over to us and then points an angry finger at my brother.

"You're so fucking lucky you're Everlee's brother otherwise you would be lying on the floor dead right now. You think this is funny? There was no need for us to go down there when he has everything sorted anyway. I don't appreciate being your main source of fucking entertainment!" He snarls and then storms past him, including me too and into the house, pushing the door open with an aggressive shove, making the wood smash against the brick wall.