Thirty-Two

Thirty-Two
⚡️Blaze⚡️

"We have two options. We continue on the move, or we wait here for a day or two longer. I think the second option is the better one, all this moving from pillar to post will not benefit us." Eros speaks up, scratching the back of his neck and avoiding eye contact with myself, Cairo and Easton. A frown sets on my own face.

"We've been in this place for nearly twenty-four hours now, Eros. That's too long, we need to move." I demand with a pointed finger as he tugs at his collar. The fucker is sweating immensely, he looks nervous. But most of all he looks guilty.

"Eros?" He jolts.

"Y-Yes."

"Do you know what I do with people who fuck me over?" I tilt my head, lifting my t-shirt slightly, to show him the gun tucked into the waistband of my jeans. "Do you know what I do with people who put my life at risk and those I care about?" Another gulp from him and he frantically shakes his head.

"W-What do you do?"

"I kill them. Slowly and painfully. I need to see them suffer, suffer for what they've done. You wouldn't want that to happen to you, would you now?" I raise my eyebrows with a smirk on my face.

Eros trembles in fear and that tells me all that I need to know.

"So when did you do it? How much did they pay you?" My face hardens, not ready for any more stupid games. Cairo and Easton appear confused by my question, their eyes bouncing from me to him.

Eros lifts a shaky hand and runs it through his greasy hair. "I don't know what you are talking about, my friend. I would never do that to you — to Everlee." My gun is in my hand before I can even think, and a bullet is embedded into his foot. He howls in pain and drops to the floor, clutching onto his bloody foot. "What the fuck?!" He exclaims, looking at me with wide eyes.

I crouch down to my heels and wave my gun in his face.

"Don't say her name, unless you want a bullet in the other foot."

"Yo, Blaze, what's going on?" Cairo speaks up, crouching down next to me, looking Eros up and down in disgust.

"Why don't you tell us? Friend." I spit sarcastically, tears now starting to fall from his eyes.

"I-I swear I didn't mean for any of this t-to happen!" He cries out. "I needed the money."

The second I saw Eros I had a bad feeling flow through my veins. I've never gone against my gut feeling until now, and I hate myself for it. Because that time I thought I had left with my girl is slipping through my fingers as quick as sand in an hourglass.

"How much?"

"It doesn't —"

"How fucking much?!" I roar in his face. "Stop fucking about with me right now."

"Two-hundred and fifty grand." I stay silent, keeping my eyes on him. "I regret it now, I really do! I don't want no harm to come to Everlee."

"What do you mean no harm to Everlee? What the fuck have you done?!" Easton growls out yanking him up by the collar and shoving him into the wall with a loud thud. "Speak you piece of shit!"

I stand back up, my body tense as I wait for Eros to start spewing words from his mouth.

"You think you're the only one with a chip in their head?" His question is not directed to Easton, but me. My mouth falls open, but no words escape because my chest is beginning to ache. "Samuel knew this shit would happen, that you'd fall for his daughter. I wouldn't worry, it wasn't designed to kill her, just her memory." Eros' tears quickly dry up and a sickening smile forms on his face.