Thirty-Six

Thirty-Six
⚡️Blaze⚡️

"Your eyes haven't left her." My eyes don't move from Everlee, even when her brother points out the fact I've been staring at her for the majority of the journey. She's laying down with her head resting on Lottie's lap, her best friend gently running her hand up and down her arm in a comforting manner

I've done this to her. All this stress and pain she's going through, I'm the reason and it's killing me because I can't do anything about it. I want this chip out of my head as much as I need oxygen to breathe but the chances of getting it removed are slim. I can't afford to put Everlee in any more danger. I'm struggling to even cope with myself now knowing I put my hands on her.

"I have to know that she's okay," I mutter not caring if he hears me or not and from the scoff that comes out from him I know he has heard me.

"You tried to fucking kill her and now you want to make sure that she's okay?" He scoffs again and then continues. "You don't love her anymore remember? So it's not your job to care about her. So give up on the whole 'I care about her' act." My eyes finally avert from Everlee onto her brother, a glare settling on my face.

"I do love her. I'm in love with her. There's no point in me living a life where she's not in it. There won't be a day I don't regret hurting her, I'll never forgive myself for what I did and I don't expect her to do the same. I don't think you realise how much it's killing me, not having control over my mind, knowing at some point I could hurt someone and I wouldn't have a clue." I point to him and he doesn't say a word.

Easton just continues to analyse me, like he'd be able to understand how I'm feeling. But he can't. He never will. The only person that could understand me, is Everlee and she wants nothing to do with me anymore and I can't say I blame her.

Easton sighs before he speaks, leaning his elbows to rest on his knees as he sits forward. "Look, I know that chip has got you doing some crazy shit lately, making you do things you don't want to. But Everlee is my sister and she'll always come first. You're not good for her, and I don't think you ever will be."

"When your father told you that she was dead, did you even try to look for her? Or did you believe your father's lies straight away?" My question throws him off guard for a second. His jaw clenches tight as well as his fists. "You've been back in her life for what? Three minutes. And you think you know what's best for her. Give me a break." It's my turn to scoff at him and his face morphs into complete anger.

Good.

Because he's beginning to piss me off.

"You never made a mistake before in your life?" I tilt my head, questioning him. "Of course, you fucking have, because you're no fucking saint yourself are you, Easton?" I say in a threatening tone and his face drops. "Yeah, Cairo told me what you did. How you helped your mother get captured by your father because she threatened to expose him for his wrongdoings. You've let her rot in a cell while your shitty father continues to experiment on more young boys."

"I wasn't in my right state of mind! I was drugged up." He grits his teeth pointing a finger at me. I raise my eyebrows, knowing I've just called him out on his hypocrisy. "Fuck." Realisation forms on his face and he slumps back into the chair opposite me.

"And you know what makes this even worse? You left her there when you escaped. Did you even try to take her with you?" I tilt my head, waiting for him to answer my question with a straight face. A guilty look etches onto his face and he avoids eye contact with me, instead staring down at his little sister who is still sound asleep. "So don't go fucking pointing fingers when you are just in the wrong. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing my mother was suffering and I was out free."