Thirty- nine

Thirty-Nine
🌸Everlee🌸

The sob I've been trying so hard to hold in finally escapes. I'm not sure whether it's been ten minutes or ten hours but this small room is beginning to make me feel claustrophobic. Everything is just hitting me like a sledgehammer. I'm finally digesting what's happening and I thought I felt sick to my stomach before, well it's nothing compared to what I'm feeling right now.

I'm worried about my Blaze who is God knows where. I'm worried about Easton, Cairo and Lottie. Even Dax and I only met him not long ago.

"Lady?" I jump at the delicate voice.

Oh my God! I'm hearing voices, this place is making me go insane already!

"Go away," I mumble and clench my eyes shut, not ready to lose my mind just yet.

"Hello?" There it is again.

It's only when I open my eyes and look at the air vent on the floor that I realise that is where the voice is coming from. It's the young girl next door to me.

I scramble to the other side of the room and lean down to the vent and speak. "Hi, are you okay?" I question her, liking the fact that I have someone to now talk to.

I'm met with silence after my question and slump against the wall, releasing a disappointed sigh. Maybe I am hearing voices.

"Help me, please." Her soft voice echoes against the walls and my back straightens. She sounds so tired and defeated and my heart breaks for her.

"We'll get out of here, I promise," I tell her, wanting her to feel some sort of hope that she'll get her freedom. "What's your name?"

"Luna." I smile.

"That's a pretty name. I'm Everlee." I greet and then I ask her a question. "How long have you been here?"

Silence.

"How old are you?"

"I think I'm Twenty-One." She croaks and my brows furrow. She thinks?

"You think?"

"I've been here my whole life, it's hard to keep up with birthdays." Her soft voice tells me and I bite my bottom lip to stop it from trembling. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure." I rasp, wiping the tears from my face. All I can feel is sorrow for the poor girl.

"Do you know my half-brothers? Professor Samuel gave me a picture of them one day and told me I'd never get to meet them. I-I just remember him mentioning your name and one of theirs as he was passing by my cell one time." My blood runs cold and a heavy filling settles on my chest making it hard to breathe. "Everlee?"

Her pleading tone has me swallowing hard before I speak again.

"Do you know their names?" I clear my throat and anxiously wait for her to answer.

"Dax and Donovan." Jesus Christ! My hands shake at the newly found news and I'm lost for words.

We've just found out Blaze has a brother and now I've just found out that the two brothers have a little half-sister.

"D-Do you know them?" She stutters, her voice wobbly but I can hear the hope seep through the words. "Please tell me you know them."

"I know them." I hear her breath hitch and then a sniffle. "Luna, do you know what parent you share?"

"We have the same mother. I see her sometimes being walked by the guards, I try to get her attention but the guards force her head down and then punish me for it." I wince at the last part of her sentence. "My father was killed. He was a guard and he fell in love with our mum and when Samuel found out he waited until she gave birth to me and then killed him."