Forty-One

Forty-One
⚡️Blaze⚡️

The man who I thought was dead for the past fifteen years stares at me with warm red eyes. I couldn't quite believe it when Dax was able to track him down. He contacted Theodore, asking if he would help and he didn't hesitate to accept. He got on the first flight to Brazil and here he is.

I haven't had a full chance to ask how he's been but he kept checking his phone and I did take a sneak peek at the contact. He was talking to a person called 'Small' and I had never been so confused. But from the look on his face, whoever this 'Small' is means a lot to him. The huge smile on his face told me that.

"Hi." My girl whispers giving Theodore a small wave to which he returns. He eyes me almost to silently ask who she is to me.

"This is my girlfriend, Everlee." I introduce.

"You have a family now?" He smiles, his voice much deeper than when he was a young teenager.

I mean the fucker is fucking massive, height-wise and muscle-wise.

"Nearly." I smile down at Everlee, wrapping my arm around her shoulder, placing a firm kiss on the top of her head. "Thank you for helping," I say to him, my voice full of appreciation.

"This place needs to burn. I couldn't live with myself any longer knowing what was happening here. I don't want my children to ever experience this, I'd die before I let that happen." I let out a puff of air. He has children too?!

"We have a lot of catching up to do, mate." I pat his shoulder and he smirks, nodding his head.

"I told you, I'd get that family." Of course, he did. His determination as a child was immense so I'm not surprised he managed to accomplish everything he's dreamed of. "I want you to meet them one day."

"I'd like that. But as much as I'd love to catch up, now isn't the best time." It's like the sound of gunshots and explosions resumes even though it's been going on the whole time. "What have you figured out?" I nod over to the multiple computer screens and Theodore nods and makes his way back over to them.

"So I've figured out a way to disable the chips permanently without needing to remove them." He explains, typing fast on the keyboard, and multiple codes that I have no clue what they mean, pop up. "We just have one problem."

My brows furrow. "What is it?"

"Each chip will take an hour to disable." He nibbles on his bottom lip and I slowly nod my head. We can do that. "I can't do them both at the same time. It will take at least two hours and I know we don't have that amount of time." His face is apologetic as he explains to us. My heart drops.

"You go first." Everlee clutches onto my arm and I glare at her. She must be fucking insane if she thinks I'm going to go before her. "Blaze listen to me." She pleads and I shake my head.

"Not happening. She goes first." I tell Theo and he slowly nods his head.

"No!" Everlee pulls away and walks over to Theo. He pauses and looks up at her from his seated position. "He needs to go first, that chip could kill him. My one won't, right?"

Theodore sighs and throws me a cautious stare. "She's right. I've seen the difference between the two chips. Everlee's only causes memory loss, yours will kill you, Blaze."

Only?!

"Only causes memory loss." I chuckle in disbelief, throwing my hands up in the air. I glare up at the ceiling and take a deep breath. "Only causes memory loss?" I repeat, my gaze falling on my beautiful girl. She can't forget about me. I'd rather die than risk having her forget about me.