Twenty-Eight

Twenty-Eight
🌸Everlee🌸

The soft white blanket that I have wrapped around me drops from my shoulders for the fourth time in the last hour, but straight away it is placed back on by Blaze with a frustrated huff.

"Stop." He mumbles to the fabric and I bite my lip to stop the laugh from leaving my mouth.

We've only been on the boat for a couple of hours and it's now eight o'clock in the evening. Cairo and Lottie seem to be listening to Eros ramble enthusiastically about God knows what, but from the looks on their faces, they look interested. Easton has already gone to sleep as he was already tired and didn't want to listen to the stupid stories — that probably aren't true — fly out of Eros' mouth.

I've caught Blaze multiple times sending threatening glares in Eros' direction when he would send me a not-so-subtle wink and smirk. To be completely honest, I think Blaze is seconds away from losing his mind. The possessiveness is jumping out of him and he has not left my side once since being on the boat.

His arm is now wrapped tightly around my shoulder to stop the blanket from falling again. My skin tingles and my pulse races as he places soft kisses on the side of my neck, his arm tightening around me.

"So pretty." He whispers into my skin and then pulls back to look at me with his emerald eyes that I love so much. "I love you." I don't think I'll ever get tired of him saying that. I'll never get tired of him full stop.

"I love you." I reach up and press a kiss on the corner of his mouth, his lips curving into one of his beautiful smiles.

"I told her that one time." And just like that, the mood has suddenly dampened.

Eros stands in front of us with his hands on his hip and a tilted head.

"My heart aches sweet Everlee that I couldn't be the love of your life." He clutches his chest dramatically and I roll my eyes.

"Eros, are you forgetting that you are the one who cheated on me?" I raise my eyebrows at him and I know that my words have probably angered Blaze even further. He doesn't like any harm aimed towards me, whether it's in the past or present and now him knowing that Eros has cheated on me, his hatred has certainly grown in the last couple of minutes.

"I guess everything happens for a reason, sweet Everlee." He points at Blaze and then continues "You should be lucky that you've got such a beautiful woman. I was a very stupid man, very stupid." Eros tuts, looking to be in deep thought and then a smile morphs onto his face and it's a smile I know too well.

"Eros." I says in a warning tone.

"I will say if he's not satisfying you in the bedroom. I'm here for you." He winks and I get ready for the commotion that is about to start.

Blaze's arm and loving warmth instantly leaves my body and Eros is left with no time to react as Blaze grabs him with his tatted hands by the collar of his white linen shirt and drags him to the side of the boat.

"Oh no," I mutter, jumping up, the blanket dropping to my feet and rush over to the men.

The disturbance grabs the attention of the others, even my brother who walks onto the deck, rubbing his eyes before looking at Blaze and Eros in confusion.

"What the fuck is going on?!" Easton exclaims, finally waking up from his slumber when he realises what's going on.

"Eros can't keep his gob shut, that's what!" I throw my arms up in the air.

"Woah, Woah, Woah! Friend, I was joking. I-I'm sure you satisfy her well, I mean look at the size of you!" Eros quivers in fear as Blaze dangles his upper body across the edge, his feet already flying in the air.