Twenty-Six

Twenty-Six
⚡️Blaze⚡️

"So what's the plan?" I take a seat next to Easton with Cairo sitting across from us with a frown on his face. "What's up?" I question my best friend, knowing that something is playing on his mind.

"I don't have a good feeling. We need to leave as soon as possible." Cairo speaks out and I nod my head in agreement.

"People will definitely be after us within the next twenty-four hours, but before we can go anywhere I need to take those chips out of your arm." This time my eyebrows furrow at Easton's words.

"Arm?" I tilt my head wondering what he means by a chip in our arm.

"Yeah. The ones everyone had back in the lab to stop them from escaping. It was risky enough as it is to be here with them in your arm, that's why I'm saying we haven't got long."

"We don't have chips in our arm," Cairo tells him and Easton looks at me in confusion.

"They're in our head." Easton looks at us with what looks to be terror in his eyes.

"They've put those chips in your head?!" He exclaims and I hush him, knowing Everlee is in a deep sleep in our bedroom for obvious reasons.

"I would appreciate it if you didn't proceed to rummage through my brain to retrieve it. They're untraceable anyway." I shrug casually like I don't have a device embedded in my skull that could kill me in a second.

"How do you know that?" Easton tilts his head, still looking to be in shock at the news of the chip is in our brains.

"One time when I was around thirteen I decided to hide. Guess how long it took them to find me?"

"An hour."

"52 hours. Now if that chip was traceable, they would have found me in seconds. The only reason they found me is because I had run out of food that I had stolen from one of the kitchens. I got hungry." Easton shakes his head in disbelief, but to me, that was a normal way of life. "Anyway, have you got a plan?"

"Well as for now, we're going to need to leave the island tonight. But we can't make a habit of being 'on the run' so for the next few weeks we need to plan out precisely how we're going to take out my father." I nod my head straight away at his instructions. "But firstly, I need you and Cairo to do me a favour. We can't fly out of here, it's way too risky."

A frown sets on my face.

"Don't tell me we have to get on a fucking boat." Cairo groans and Easton confirms it with a nod of his head.

"My friend he can get us to Turkey untraced. I just need you to meet him at this address—" he hands me a small piece of paper "-I would go but there are a bunch of people in that area that hate the fuck out of me." Suspicion enters my body as I observe Easton, and although he is my girl's brother I still need to be cautious no matter what.

My eyes squint as I continue to observe. Nothing gives off the hint that he's nervous or antsy. He hasn't given me a reason yet not to trust him, but I'll be making sure to keep an eye on him.

"Why?" Cairo questions and from the look on his face, I can tell he also has some concerns toward Easton.

"You could say I've made a sort of reputation for myself here in Crete. Don't tell my sister, but I started underground fighting, it paid well and I needed the money. Eros, the guy that's going to get us out off here took me under his wing, he owes me a favour anyway." Easton explains. "A lot of his crew got jealous that Eros was taking a liking to me and when I ended up beating up one of their mates they've had a vendetta ever since." He grins like the fucking Joker and I'm beginning to wonder how crazy he is.