Forty-Seven

Forty-Seven
⚡️Blaze⚡️

If you had told me one year ago that I'd be getting married and have a child on the way, I would have beaten you up and told you to fuck off. Especially my teenage self.

But now I'm about to marry the love of my fucking life. It feels too good to be true.

"Dax isn't here," I mumble to my mother as she adjusts my tuxedo. "He promised he'd be here." To say I'm hugely disappointed would be an understatement.

Dax should be here. My older brother should be here to see me get married.

"I'm sorry, darling." She sighs, brushing off my shoulders with a disappointed smile.

"You have red eyes." I look over my shoulder to see that Dario and Theodore have now officially met. The man is staring up at him with pretty much horror written over his face as he stares into the blood red eyes of Theodore.

Theodore looks on with a bright face as he stares at Dario who looks at me now in bewilderment. "Blaze, he's got red eyes!" I roll my own eyes, already stressed enough to deal with those two, who will probably become best friends in the next ten minutes.

Theodore makes a habit of making everyone he meets a best friend. He did it from a young age, and he'll continue to do it even at the age of twenty-eight.

"Theodore, your tie is crooked!" My mum stresses, rushing over to fix it for him. "And yours! Don't you have your own bloody suit company!" My mum scolds Dario whose face goes a light shade of red.

I leave them to bicker and stare at myself in the mirror.

Freshly pressed tuxedo. My dark hair has grown, a wavy strand drooping across my forehead. A certain strand that my Everlee likes very much. My green eyes stare back at me in the reflection and they sparkle. That's all they've been doing since I'm now a free man, who's about to get married to the most amazing woman with a baby on the way.

A smile makes its way onto my face.

"I hope that's a smile for me." I spin around and come face to face with my brother all dressed smartly in a navy suit with a white rose pinned to his collar. "I would never let you down." He nods and pulls me into a tight hug.

"You made it," I whisper, wrapping my arm tight around him.

"Have some faith in me, brother." He chuckles, pulling back and holding me by the shoulders. "My little brother is getting married." He grins, the lines by his eyes creasing as his smile brightens.

Now that I take him in, he looks much healthier. Not that he didn't when I last saw him, but he looked much more tired and drained of life. But now, there's a small glimmer in his eyes that wasn't there before. He looks... relaxed and happy.

"You been doing okay?" I ask him, needing to hear it from his mouth and not just assuming he's fine, just because he looks it.

Dax's smile brightens further. "My life is slowly falling into place. I might be staying a little longer than planned." He winks and then turns to grab a drink.

Guests are slowly rolling in and my nerves have suddenly returned because Everlee will be on the way soon. In the next couple of hours, she will be my wife.

My wife!

"I think it's time." Dax nods toward the entrance and I can see a white wedding car pull up.

"Fuck! Everyone get ready!" I yell, alerting all the guests who stare at me with wide eyes. "Cairo!" I yell at my best friend who is too busy eating the snacks that my mother brought for all of us because she was worried that we would starve. I laugh at the thought. She practically force-feeds me sometimes, deluding herself into thinking I'm losing weight when I've been doing the opposite no thanks to her cooking.