EPILOGUE

Epilogue
⚡️Blaze⚡️

5 years later

"Mummy doesn't like your cooking." My eldest daughter speaks out and I look down at her with shocked eyes.

"Yes, she says it's yucky." My three-year-old sasses, walking in her plastic princess heels which nearly send me into cardiac arrest every time she stumbles even the slightest.

"Give me your hand." I grit and she pauses, looks at me over her shoulder and rolls her eyes. She grabs hold of my finger anyway.

I have no clue where my three-year-old, Dakotah, developed her sassiness but it was certainly not from me. Although I think I am partially to blame, I spoil my girls. They never hear the word no when it comes to me.

So maybe I am the reason.

Well shit!

"Mummy said to tell you, you can't cook because you'd kill us all," Darla explains waving her little handbag about and my eyes widen further at her comment.

"Daddy, my feet hurt," Dakotah whines, tugging on my finger.

"Well, what did I say, princess before we left the house." I huff knowing she's going to be in my arms in the next five minutes.

"But I look pretty." She slows down, the sound of her tiny heels clopping against the floor.

She flicks her light brown curly hair behind her back and glares down at the baby pink, plastic health hazards with fluff on them. As soon as they're out of her sight, they're going in the bin.

"You look pretty baby, with or without them." I sigh, trying to push the trolley while dragging her along with me.

I've gone through some difficult shit in my life, but being a girl dad has to be at the top of the list. I'm pushing fucking forty! Forty! But these two are adding twenty years to that!

I love them nevertheless but they drive me insane.

"Can I have that doll?" Dakotah points down an aisle that we've just walked past in the supermarket and I pause. She looks up at me through her long lashes, her dark brown eyes similar to her mother's fluttering up at me.

'No' is on the tip of my tongue, threatening to spill and cause all kinds of tears and chaos.

My mouth opens and closes like a fish.

"Please." She whispers, fluttering her eyelashes again and rocking on her feet.

"No." I blurt out and her mouth drops open. Darla next to me gasps because even she's in shock at my answer.

She's the less spoilt one, always happy with a book. The only time she'll get upset is if I take away her favourite books because she's been naughty, which is a very rare occasion, unlike her little sister who looks about ready to flood this place with tears.

"W-What?" Dakotah's lips start to tremble and my palms become sweaty.

Oh no.

Her eyes water.

Fuck, fuck, fuck!

"What I mean is... Yes, you can, princess." I save myself but mentally scold myself too for giving in so quickly. 

To be honest, I can't deal with the embarrassment of having her cry her little heart out in the middle of the supermarket and have people walk past thinking she's being murdered. When she's only just been told the word no.

Her eyes suddenly dry up and a smile the size of the universe etches onto her little face.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She hugs my leg and I roll my eyes. Darla raises an eyebrow.