Thirty-Three

Thirty-Three
🌸Everlee🌸

Nothing could have prepared me for the situation that I'm in right now. How can you be in the loving arms of someone one minute and then stare them dead in the eye as they strangle you to death the next? I'm used to Blaze staring at me with his emerald green eyes that shine with so much love it's almost blinding. But now... now he's staring at me like he wants me buried six feet under.

"B-Blaze?" I choke out, tears stinging my eyes as I claw at his tattooed arms, trying to get him off of me. "Please, s-stop." He only squeezes tighter.

"You're just like him! You never loved me, you were pretending." He leans down so we are at eye level and speaks through gritted teeth.

What the hell is he talking about?

I make the mistake of looking around the room and my heart slows even more at the sight of Eros on the floor with his brains splattered crimson red on the white wall. Is Blaze having another rampage? His eyes are dilated. He doesn't know what he's doing, just like when he accidentally pushed me off the boat.

I just need to try and talk him out of whatever state he's going through right now.

A tear runs down my face and drops onto the tanned skin of his hand and instantly his hold losens. Not fully but enough to let me breathe.

"It's okay. W-Whatever you're going through now, it's okay. I love you, Blaze. You're my favourite person. It's okay." I croak.

"No!" I flinch at his tone and push my back further against the wall. "You fucking don't!"

"I do!" I whimper. "Don't do this Blaze, whatever you've been told or seen. Don't do this to us." I plead with him, reaching up with shaky hands to grasp his cheeks. His eyes soften but only slightly.

"You don't." He whispers and I refrain from bursting out into tears. "You don't love me." His head frantically shakes.

"What did you mean by I'm like him? Like who?" I tilt my head, anticipating his answer, but for some reason, I already know what he's going to say.

"Your fucked up father." I bite the insides of my cheeks and he carries on. "All this fucking time you knew what you were doing. Pretending to love me so you could go back to him at the end of the day and tell him how fucked up and useless I am." I keep straight face as he glares down at me, the soft look in his eyes only lasting a minuscule amount of time.

"You think I don't love you? That I've been pretending all this time?" I let out a laugh of disbelief. "For the past four months my whole fucking life has taken an unexpected turn, I've had to abandon my business that I built because I found out that my father is a psychopath who experiments on human fucking beings. Every day I wake up and wonder whether things are just going to go back to normal, but then I wake up and see your face and then I think to myself, if I'm with you then nothing else matters." I rush out, inhaling a deep breath. "So if you think I don't love you then what are we doing here?"

Blaze's fingers flex around my neck but he still doesn't let go.

"The fact you think I don't love you hurts. But I know it's not you, Blaze. That stupid chip in your head, it's making you do things you don't want to do deep down." I smile gently. "You're a good person." His jaw ticks and his eyes slowly close.

A sigh of relief leaves my mouth when he lets go of me and for a second I think he's finally come to his senses but instead, he pulls out a gun and digs the barrel into the side of my neck. My whole body freezes and I swallow hard.

"Blaze," I whisper in defeat, pleading with him to stop.

"Don't fucking move." He rasps and I nod my head.