FIVE

The sun peeked in and out of my closed eyelids, forcing me to wake up. Groaning from a slight headache, I sat up and realized I was on a bed. And it wasn't mine.

I adjusted my nose as the smell of old cigarette smoke lingered in the air.

Shifting, I felt someone stir behind me. I turn and find Shana lying right next to me.

"Shana," I whisper, nudging her. She stirs again, groaning.

"What," She growls, eyes still shut.

"Did we get kidnapped?" She peeks one eye open, amused at the horror in my voice.

"You're so fucking weird," She laughs sleepily, turning over.

With Shana's dismissal, I looked around the mystery room. Dark curtains surrounded the bedroom's one window, but it didn't stop the sun from creeping through. Random metal and rock band posters are taped on the wall. But still, the room felt pretty plain as there were only a few.

The floor was another story. Uncovering with the blanket, I swayed my legs over the edge of the bed and stood up. A mixture of dirty tank tops, worn jeans and shorts, and drumsticks splatter throughout the floor. The items were like lava as I tiptoed around them, making my way to the crowded wooden dresser.

Empty and halfway used beer bottles lined danced together on the dresser. I find a leather wallet behind one of the bottles. Quickly, I snatched and opened it. Sean's ID sticks out like a piece of gum, and I immediately assumed the worst.

Oh fuck, did we have a threesome with the drummer? 

I vowed never to drink again as I went downstairs and into the living room.

Layne is awake, looking like an adorable five-year-old as he sits in front of the TV.  As I walk deeper into the living room, I notice Mike sleeping on the floor next to him and Sean sleeping on the couch.

Layne doesn't notice me until I bump my pinky toe into the wall.

"Morning," he licks his lips before a smile, unaware of my pain.

"Hi," I smiled, walking over to him. As I crisscrossed applesauce on the floor beside him, I noticed him watching cartoons. "I love this show!"

"Really?" he asks, glancing at me before turning back to the TV. I nod, deepening my smile. 

"Yeah, I remember getting up extra early on a Saturday just to watch this."

"Sounds like a good childhood to me."

I push my lips together, thinking. Hmmm, I guess. I massage my pinky toe before asking Layne the million-dollar question on my mind since I woke up."Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Who brought me to bed?"

"I did."

"Oh..."

"Don't worry, I didn't hit your head on the wall or anything," he jokes.

"And Sean slept on the couch?" Layne nods. I mentally Thank God. Listen, Sean is hot, but that doesn't mean I want to hook up with him.

I turn my neck to look at Sean behind me. His long body awkwardly hangs off the couch. I had the sudden urge to shake him awake and thank him for letting Shana and I sleep in his bed last night.

And then there's Mike. Oh, I just know his back is going to hurt. Little handsome long curly hair baby, I laughed to myself.

My eyes then took the time to look at the space around us. Jeez, the mess. Everything seems misplaced. Lightbulbs are isolated from the lamps. Beer bottles and plastic cups were tossed and stood in every corner. The smell of garbage didn't hit me til now. It was like someone dumped their entire trash in here.