THIRTY-THREE

It's been a couple of days since...the discovery. And I'm not going to lie; it's been so hard to distract myself from thinking about it. Him and it. I haven't even talked to Shana about it. She must know. She must know...does Mike? Does he do it too? Do they all? Jerry and Sean too?

Ugh, this is too much.

Sighing, I jangle a toy in Terri's cute little face. She happily takes it, passing me another one. Babies are so funny; the littlest stuff makes them go crazy. I watch Terri play with her toy phone and immediately think of Layne again. Damn, I miss his voice.

Our time together has also been limited due to his ridiculously busy schedule, as he and the guys are recording a new AIC album. I can't help but crave to check up on him. Make sure he's not...you know.

"Phone," Terri says, poking her toy phone in my face.

"Phone!" I shout excitedly, causing her to giggle. Taking the toy phone from her, I imagine my own conversation with a character from one of her favorite shows. Though, I deep down want to talk to Layne. "Should I call him?" I ask Terri as I hang up her toy phone. Terri smiles at me, continuing to jam a toy in my face. "So, is that a yes?"

"Yes!" she laughs.

"Okay, boss," I smile, getting up from the floor.

Terri wobbles behind me as I walk into the kitchen where Tanya's house phone is kept. I smile at her, thinking of Tanya. Oh, Tanya. I've also been closely monitoring her for the past few days. Of course, I didn't forget what she had said to me.

Picking up my purse on the kitchen counter, I dig in it for a second before taking out my phone book.

"Doot, doot," I mumble as I look for Layne's number. Got it! Damn, I should definitely know my boyfriend's number by heart, I think to myself as I begin to dial.

After a few rings, he picks up, "Yeah?"

"Yeah?" I mock him.

Layne laughs, "Sorry, babe."

"What happened to your manners, sir?"

"There's still here," he laughs. "I thought you were Jerry. I'm running late to the studio."

"Always a busy man," I sigh with a chuckle.

"Yeah," he laughs. "You okay?"

"Yeah," I say, nodding. "I-I just wanted to check on you."

"I'm fine, babe," Layne says softly.

I nod at his answer, staring down at Terri as I clear my throat, "okay."

Layne laughs, "What's the matter?"

"Nothing, I just miss you," I smile. Terri smiles back at me, throwing her arms in the air.

"Up, up," she quietly says.

"I miss you too. I'm sorry, this new album is taking up my time," he says. "I can't wait to be fucking done with it."

"I bet it's going to sound awesome, though," I say as I pick Terri up, bouncing her in my arms.

"I hope so...."

I roll my eyes at his reply, "Can Terri and I watch you sing?" I then ask him.

Layne laughs, "and play house again?"

"Mmmh-hmm, Terri misses her daddy." Ugh, I'm horrible. This is horrible, I laugh to myself.

"We're going to confuse the child," he laughs, and I can sense him thinking about it.