TWENTY

A warm body wakes me up.

"Layne?" I ask through the darkness.

"I'm here." I feel his nose on my neck.

"How was the show?"

"It was fucking awesome." He relaxes his grip around my waist as I turn to face him.

I bury my nose in his chest, smelling the concert on his shirt. I back my face up; my nose scrunch up as I look at him. "Can you take your shirt off?"

"Do I smell or something?" he softly chuckles.

"Just like cigarettes and beer."

Laughing, He sits up slightly and takes his shirt off.

"Better?" I rest the side of my head on his hairy chest and smell nothing but him and his warmth.

"Yeah, much better." I stretch my legs and feel something hard. Oh, hell no. "I know you ain't wearing shoes on my bed."

"Ooh, sorry," Layne sighs, sitting up again.

Sitting up as well, I also turn the lamp on my nightstand. My annoyance quickly went away once my eyes laid on him. Layne's shirtless body is slightly bent over, untying his boots.

Once his shoes are off, he looks at me and smiles. "We good now?"

"Yup," I smile, crawling to him on my knees, "Are you tired, boyfriend?"

"Just a little, girlfriend." he yawns. I know I should let him sleep. But he looks so good right now.

"Thank you for coming back," I say as I lay up against him. Again, Layne's warm body relaxes me....calms me. I love it when we merge.

"I said I would," he laughs.

Looking at him, my eyes travel down to his lips. His shoulders. His chest. His heat. Mmmhh.

"I wish I wasn't on my period," I seductively tell him.

"And why is that?"

"You know why."

"I want to hear you say it," he says, his voice unfamiliarly deeper.

"I want to...stop looking at me like that!" I squirm under Layne's never breaking eye contact.

"You don't like this intense eye contact going on?"

"You're making me nervous."

Layne pouts his lips, "I'm sorry."

"In a good way, though," I add.

"I take my apology back then," he laughs.

I laugh with him before a cramp shoots through my lower part. I can't help but make a tense uncomfortable face. I lay my forehead on Layne's shoulder, groaning lightly.

"On a scale from 1 to 10, how-"

"11!" I shout as I move slightly away from him and lay on my back. 

"Awww," Layne soothes. I feel him turn until his right arm is touching my left. Leaning up with the support of his arm, he looks down at me. "Right here?" he asks before lifting my shirt, exposing my belly. He sets his palm flat on my belly button.

I shake my head, "Lower." Smiling, Layne slides his hand to the bottom of my belly.

I sigh against his heat, relaxing. Layne rubs the bottom of my belly in slow motions. Cramps float away as he leans down and gives me a sweet kiss. I wrap myself around his tongue. Something else begins to ache after our lips part.