TEN

The week rolled by quickly as I just went to work and then back home. I forced my mind not to think about the last conversation with Chris and the girls I saw with Layne. Terri was at least a good distraction, though I only saw her Monday to Friday, and it was now the weekend again.

Bored out of her mind this Friday night, Shana lays in my bed and watches TV with me.

"Let's do something," Shana suddenly says.

"We are."

"I mean like outside."

I consider the thought in my head...hmm, to go outside and be surrounded by other humans or stay home in my comfortable bed and watch TV....yeah, no.

"I'd rather stay depressed," I sighed, which caused Shana to sit up abruptly.

"Is this about Chris?" she asks me. During the ride home that Friday night, I ugly cried to Shana about what happened between Chris and me.

"I don't cry over no man," I scoff at her.

"Okay, gangsta," she laughs, then "Get dressed."

"Fuck you," I growled.

"Come on. I need to cheer up. My baby is leaving tomorrow," Shana says, referring to Alice in Chains going on a three-month tour starting tomorrow.

"Then bother him," I mumble, eyes still glued to the TV.

Shana stands from my bed and yanks the covers off me. I lay frozen, not moving my body one inch. Not even breathing.

"I'm not taking no for an answer," she threatens.

~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~

Once we make it inside the club, I feel my makeup peeling from sweat. I groan, lightly padding my face with the back of my hand. Shana wraps her arm, undermines, and drags me over to the bar.

After 10 minutes of just sulking in my bed, I finally got up and hoped that dressing a little sexy would fix my mood;

It helped a little bit.

"What ya drinking?" she asks me, signaling the bartender.

"Cranberry Juice."

"Ugh, don't be boring," she gives me a disgusting look. The bartender dances awkwardly towards us, a drunk smile plastering his face.

"Mmh ladies, what can I get y'all?" he asks. Shana grabs me by my side and pulls me closer to her.

"Anything to turn this into a smile," she says, referring to my scowl.

The bartender's hazel brown eyes looked me up and down, and I couldn't help but imagine that he wouldn't be that cute if God didn't give him those beautiful eyes.

The bartender laughs, "I got you." I give him a stank eye as he makes us a shot of something clear. "Let me know how it tastes," he says as he slides two shot glasses in front of us.

I look at the shot carefully....fine. I cradle the shot glass in my hand before tossing the liquid down my throat. Goddamn.

"Another one, thank you," I say to the bartender, a smile making its way to my lips.

~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~

"I just want to fuck Chris and marry Layne. You know, just like the game!" I yelled into Shana's ear as we danced. "And I'll kill...hmm. I'll kill myself," I laughed. I feel Shana's body tense up for a second before she bursts out laughing. "Bartender, one more!" I yell to the hazel-eyed bartender, who's now staring at us with his arms crossed.

"We're literally closed," he simply says, annoyance running in his voice.

Shana and I looked around the club and noticed we were the only people left.

This makes us laugh even more.

"How close are ya?" Shana then shouts.

"Please leave," he says, wiping down the counter.

After a few minutes of more bad jokes, Shana and I stumble out of the club. As we walk to her car, Shana fumbles through her purse, looking for her car keys.

"Wait, I can't drive," Shana drunkenly says, tears filling her eyes. I burst out laughing, Shana joining me a second later. "Hold on, hold on," she slurs, walking over to a payphone.

I dance to the music playing in my head as she talks to whoever is on the phone.

About 15 minutes later, I see Mike's car pull up, Layne sitting in the passenger seat.