TWENTY-SIX

"You're so lucky I'm in love with you," Layne yawns as he pulls over the curb beside Tanya's home. Ugh, he looks so freaking cute when he's tired!

"Remember, you're the one that offered to bring me to work," I giggle.

Layne chuckles, nodding. It's hard not to keep thinking about last night. Layne felt amazing. I don't think he understands how amazing he feels.

"Give me some sugar to wake me up," Layne sweetly orders. Still giggling, I lean forward and kiss him.

"I'm in love with you, too," I beam after pulling back. Layne kisses my forehead, smirking. "I want to invite Tanya to the show."

"Fine with me," Layne says before taking a second to think about it. "Who's going to watch Terri then?"

"Oh yeah," I chuckle, remembering I'm her babysitter. Damn. Layne giggles, rubbing his eye. "Aww, baby. Are you okay driving home?" I ask, stroking his chin. Mmmh, I want to kiss that nose!

"Babe, I'm tired, not drunk," he tiredly tells me.

I squint my eyes at him, "I'm gonna call you in 15 minutes to see if you made it back safe."

"I might already be in bed, but sure."

"Layne!" I whine, dramatically sulking in the seat.

"Alright," he laughs. "I'll try to stay up."

"15 minutes," I remind him.

"15 minutes," Layne repeats, leaning forward to kiss me again.

~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~

I did call Layne in 15 minutes, which he tiredly answered on the 2nd ring. Were you waiting?

Watching Terri also went smoothly, as it always did. Before Tanya could kick off her shoes and relax, I asked her about tonight. Sensing hesitation rising from her, I, unfortunately, guilt-tripped her into going out, and it turns out she knows a co-worker (that owes her a favor) with a teenage daughter who could watch Terri.

Walking back home, I passed by an interesting jewelry store and decided to look. After my little purchase for someone special, I continue my path home, passing by the water fountain I'd sat with Layne many months ago. Everything happened so fast.

Someone sitting on the bench by the fountain catches my eye....they look so familiar.... it's Chris!

"Chrissy," I sing as I walk towards him. Chris lifts his eyes at me, surprised.

"Oh, Hey," he smiles. "Andrea, hey."

"I was on my way home and saw you."

Chris nods, "Yeah...yeah, you do live around here, don't you?"

"Mmh-hmm," I nod. I dare to flick water in his hair as I sit beside him.

Chris pulls some of his hair behind his ear, sending me another quick smile. Damn, can this man get any prettier? Even if I do have a crush on Chris, I will forever be drawn to Layne. Mmmh, Layne. I can't wait to see him again.

Five minutes passed when I realized the both of us had been quiet. Maybe I should leave...

"So-" I begin, though quickly cut off by Chris.

"You ever felt like...everything is just too much?" he asks, looking ahead for a second before meeting his eyes with mine.

"Like?"

"Everything," he laughs.

I set my lips in a thin line, debating how to respond. I do, but should I tell him? Chris is staring at me like he wants me to tell him....to tell him the truth.