TWELVE

Last night felt like a dream until I turned around and saw Layne sleeping right next to me.

Ignoring the headache pounding against my temple, I stare at him, watching his chest rise up and down with a slow beat.

"I can feel you staring at me." I almost jump at the raspiness of his morning voice.

My eyes float to Layne's face. His eyes are still closed. I looked back at his chest as it remained to rise lightly. I don't know if I'd imagined him saying that or not.

"No, you can't," I mumble, finally looking away from him. I laid down flatly on my back, staring up at the ceiling.

Layne stretches as he opens his eyes, "What time is it?" he grumbles.

"9:15," I tell him after glancing at my alarm clock. Layne groans and turns over, facing me. Then the realization hit me like a cold brick; Layne slept in my bed with me last night. "How did you sleep?"

"Great, until you started snoring."

"I do not snore!"

"You wanna bet?" he says, closing his eyes again. He then snatches the pillow I am using, breathing into it. "I'm thinking about recording it for our next song, though."

"I'll sue you," I joke, then "You're leaving today," I remind him.

"I know," he sighs, his eyes still shut. I take the opportunity to run my fingers through his sticky hair.

"You seriously need to wash this."

"Wanna wash it for me?" he asks, peeking his eyes back open. They seem almost light blue this morning.

"We would have to do it now," I tell him, thinking about the time limit he and Mike has.

"I'm down."

I couldn't control the wideness of my smile. Damn, for some reason, I'm happy this morning.

"Let me get the stuff ready," I tell him before jumping out of bed. I laugh to myself as I see his feet dangling from my bed.

I see loud, messy brown hair as I enter the kitchen. Mike stands shirtless behind the counter, drinking a cup of orange juice. And even though he is my cousin's boyfriend, I'm not complaining at the sight.

"Morning," Mike smiles after catching me staring at him.

I realized that I hadn't spoken to him before alone. And that realization caused nervousness to jump inside my bones as the first thing that came out of my mouth was, "You're really good at headbanging."

Mike lets out a deep raspy laugh like he has to clear his throat.

"I mean, hi," I try again, shaking my head. "What?" I say, annoyed that Mike was still laughing after a minute.

"I thought you said I'm really good at banging." Well, I did hear you and Shana last night. "Did Layne leave last night?" Mike then asks me as I move to the sink and wash out my favorite mug.

"No, he slept in my room." I notice Mike lifting a brow, smirking. "Nothing happened."

"If you say so," he shrugs, the permanent smirk on his lips.

"I do say so."

"Hey, you don't have to convince me; we're all adults."

"And adults have sleepovers."

"Mmmh, with some condoms, perhaps?"

"No!"

"Damn, Andrea, you get down like that?" Mike says, laughter in his voice.